Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I’m so excited that I just got approved for Apple Card. I’ve applied twice in the past and got declined. This time I was in the Credit Karma app and saw an ad/ link for Apple Card that said “outstanding chances” of approval. I thought yeah right sure outstanding but what the heck I’ll try. Clicked the link and it opened up the wallet app. A few seconds later it asked for some basic info and then went to a processing screen. I’m thinking well that’s different. Then it pops up saying I’m approved with the limit amount.

Sorry for the wordy post but does anyone think because it was a promotional link that changed the approval prerequisites? Or maybe the recent changes to Apple Card?

Reactions: compwiz1202

russell_314

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I don't know anything about this "Credit Karma app," but I would check with Apple or with Goldman Sachs to be sure you really have been approved an Apple Card before you actually try to use it for anything.
It’s a popular free app in the USA to check your credit score. Of course it’s free because they run ads for credit cards. It’s trustworthy and the application link just opened the Apple wallet app so nothing shady. I was just wondering if the card application gets treated any different than if I just opened an application in the wallet app. Perhaps only Goldman Sachs knows that.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I’m so excited that I just got approved for Apple Card. I’ve applied twice in the past and got declined. This time I was in the Credit Karma app and saw an ad/ link for Apple Card that said “outstanding chances” of approval. I thought yeah right sure outstanding but what the heck I’ll try. Clicked the link and it opened up the wallet app. A few seconds later it asked for some basic info and then went to a processing screen. I’m thinking well that’s different. Then it pops up saying I’m approved with the limit amount.

Sorry for the wordy post but does anyone think because it was a promotional link that changed the approval prerequisites? Or maybe the recent changes to Apple Card?
I've already been declined but then when I was in an order and tried again, I was approved. And it may have even been for the Apple Card. The one that amused me once too was I ordered something from somewhere with the Apple Card, and then got a popup to apply for Apple Card 🤣

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
It’s a popular free app in the USA to check your credit score. Of course it’s free because they run ads for credit cards. It’s trustworthy and the application link just opened the Apple wallet app so nothing shady. I was just wondering if the card application gets treated any different than if I just opened an application in the wallet app. Perhaps only Goldman Sachs knows that.
It's certainly possible that the Credit Karma link had an effect on your approval odds. There are so many factors that go into how each credit card company determines credit worthiness that it's nearly impossible to tell for sure. But I would say more likely something else changed in your credit report between the last time you applied and now. For instance, longer credit history, higher credit score, higher income, and possibly external factors like the current conditions of the overall lending market.

Reactions: russell_314
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.