Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 8, 2015
US
I already know you can't put the Apple Card on Android. I also know that payments can still be made on the web. What I would like are comments from any of you that have kept Apple Card after moving to Android and used it for general purchases or thru the Apple Store (not the App Store) for devices where an iPhone itself is not necessary for the purchase. How is Apple Cash handled etc. That is the only thing that "might" keep me with an iPhone realizing of course there are other and some better card choices.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
It’s just a credit card at the end of the day so not a crazy different experience but it actually has more drawbacks than regular cards if you’re not an iPhone user.

It’s not the smartest choice since the most cash back has to be done with Apple Pay for 2% and 3% for authorized sellers making everything else 1%. Add to the fact that the Apple Card has routinely higher interest rates than comparable cards make it a bad choice for those who carry balances.

The main point of the Apple Card is the UI for iPhone users. Hell you can’t even check your card number on anything other than an iPhone (from my experience) so buying something online that requires manually typing your card number is in impossible.

Bottom line; without Apple Pay it’s bare minimum cash back and without an iPhone it’s worse than a regular card since you don’t have access to the UI or even your card number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.