Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BF1M

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2018
Seems to happen frequently lately...

Unacceptable.

darksoul78644

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah I’ve made some payments using my bank card 6 days ago and it brought my balance down but my limit didn’t go up that I paid. It’s been 5 days. Shouldn’t take that long. I read that sending money to your Apple Cash card and making payments thru that makes it post faster and that ones pending now. Love the card but the payment processing needs to be more reliable

BF1M

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2018
Yeah I’ve made some payments using my bank card 6 days ago and it brought my balance down but my limit didn’t go up that I paid. It’s been 5 days. Shouldn’t take that long. I read that sending money to your Apple Cash card and making payments thru that makes it post faster and that ones pending now. Love the card but the payment processing needs to be more reliable

Yes so paying via  Cash is always instantaneous.....except when the whole thing is down. That's how I always pay my balance. Checking to  Cash to  Card.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I pay my card off (except for the no interest payment plan on my latest phone) every month from my credit union account, and the payments are applied and reflected in the available balance almost instantaneously... has been that way since I got my Apple Card. I seriously don't recall a time when the payment was not reflected in the current and available balances within a couple of hours at the most. YMMV.

BF1M

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2018
I pay my card off (except for the no interest payment plan on my latest phone) every month from my credit union account, and the payments are applied and reflected in the available balance almost instantaneously... has been that way since I got my Apple Card. I seriously don't recall a time when the payment was not reflected in the current and available balances within a couple of hours at the most. YMMV.

From Chase it always takes me about 48hrs. From  Cash its right away so just one small extra step.

darksoul78644

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2017
Yes so paying via  Cash is always instantaneous.....except when the whole thing is down. That's how I always pay my balance. Checking to  Cash to  Card.
So basically the whole thing is down right now. I would think paying from my bank account would already be reflected in my spending limit. I mean it’s been 5 days. But I will pay from Apple Cash from now on.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
So basically the whole thing is down right now. I would think paying from my bank account would already be reflected in my spending limit. I mean it’s been 5 days. But I will pay from Apple Cash from now on.

I don't think anything is down. I paid my card off last night before I went to bed and it's reflected in both the current balance ($0) and the available (credit limit less installment balance) this morning - less than 6 hours later.

darksoul78644

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2017
I don't think anything is down. I paid my card off last night before I went to bed and it's reflected in both the current balance ($0) and the available (credit limit less installment balance) this morning - less than 6 hours later.
I made a payment last week from my bank account. It showed in my balance but not in my available limit and hasn’t yet.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Not just payments…. It’s everything. Can’t even make a purchase online, because it just gets declined.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
yes apple services says it’s down as well.
Apple always has a service down every day.:rolleyes: Just last week, their mail app was screwed up for most of the day.
As much as I dislike Google and try to stay away from them, I've been using Gmail since 2007 and it's great. I was using the iCloud web app on my Mac a few minutes ago rather than macOS Mojave's horrible mail app, and the iCloud web interface is bloated, SLOW and unresponsive at times. Huge fail.

You'd think Apple's iCloud would work seamlessly with their latest version of Safari.?

wvayens

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
Apple Card has to be the worst implementation of a service by Apple ever. The biggest mistake, in my opinion, was partnering with Goldman Sachs, who have never before had a credit card operation. Dealing with GS has been the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

• Love
Reactions: Expos of 1969

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Apple Card has to be the worst implementation of a service by Apple ever. The biggest mistake, in my opinion, was partnering with Goldman Sachs, who have never before had a credit card operation. Dealing with GS has been the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
Not sure what you mean… service was great today! ?

4DC59932-002A-4521-A701-882C5D57B96E.png

BF1M

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2018
Charges I made yesterday were approved but still aren't reflecting in the wallet.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
At the time the card was first publicised and the partnership with GS was revealed, I took a lot of flack here for having the gall to state that Apple was making a huge mistake getting in bed with GS. Not only did GS lack experience running a credit card operation but even more concerning to me and a few other intelligent posters was the recent disgusting and shady past GS had. Very few people here cared that GS ruined countless lives and was a big player in the 2008 financial crash. If Tim Cook had the moral fibre and interest in taking the high road as he and many claim he has, he would not have touched GS with a 1000 foot barge pole. What a great decision Cook...

jimkingwood

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
From Chase it always takes me about 48hrs. From  Cash its right away so just one small extra step.
Chase taking me ten days. From the time the money is debited from my Chase account still takes another 10 days to become available on Apple card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.