Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
PA
Hello people ^^

I originally signed up for Apple Card back in august 2019, and I've been a member since (very happy about it, never had an issue).
Last year I got married and added my bf to my card, sharing my account with him. Recently I saw this offer (appeared in my wallet) that new cardholders can get a 75$ apple cash bonus after their first purchase.
Can he take advantage of this offer? Do I need to stop sharing my card before he can sign up? I think I can even invite him, is that even more beneficial?

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Aves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
PA
I believe he has to open a new card from what I can glean here — https://www.macrumors.com/2022/12/14/apple-card-daily-cash-promo/
Hi, thank you :D

I read that post, do you think he also has to stop using my account?
The fine print says:

Not valid for existing Apple Card users who merge their Apple Card accounts to become Co-Owners with other existing Apple Card users, or for Co-Owners or Participants added on a new Apple Card Family account. For clarity, any spend by Apple Card Family Participants and Co-Owners does not qualify.

I don't think it's his case, he was added time ago but doesn't have his own account.

Reactions: zinacef

Aves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
PA

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2018
Interesting! If I had to wager a guess, I'd say he may not be eligible based on what you quoted above from the article, particularly the part I've underlined --

"Not valid for existing Apple Card users who merge their Apple Card accounts to become Co-Owners with other existing Apple Card users, or for Co-Owners or Participants added on a new Apple Card Family account. For clarity, any spend by Apple Card Family Participants and Co-Owners does not qualify."

An option, you could tell him to apply for his own card and see if he gets the $75 bonus. If he doesn't he doesn't lose anything and now has his own card!

Reactions: Aves

Aves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
PA
Interesting! If I had to wager a guess, I'd say he may not be eligible based on what you quoted above from the article, particularly the part I've underlined --

"Not valid for existing Apple Card users who merge their Apple Card accounts to become Co-Owners with other existing Apple Card users, or for Co-Owners or Participants added on a new Apple Card Family account. For clarity, any spend by Apple Card Family Participants and Co-Owners does not qualify."

An option, you could tell him to apply for his own card and see if he gets the $75 bonus. If he doesn't he doesn't lose anything and now has his own card!
I'll do this, but first I am also going to dig a little more...
I'll report back here just in case, it might be useful for someone else ^^

Aves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
PA
bonus posted today into bf's account.

I referred him, stopped sharing my card, he signed up and made his first transaction.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.