Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DontGetTheCheese

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
Look, I don't know if this is Apple, Goldman Sachs, or both. I have had to get on chat 3 times to solve problems. Twice because my daily cash wasn't showing up, and once because something went weird behind the scenes on a payment. The latter was fixed by magic, my balance just corrected itself, and the other two are very frustrating because it worked, then just stopped working. All I wanted to do was take the daily cash, apply it to the balance, and be done with it.

The thing is, Wells gives me 2%, Chase 1.5%, and never a problem, ever.

I know the forum, it's all Goldman Sachs fault, but Apple choose to use them, probably because they sold their souls to them so Apple owns some of that responsibility too.

Anyways, just frustrated at having to chase down pennies.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I'm perfectly happy with my Apple Card. I only had one issue where they took cash back from me when I traded in my old iPhone for the new one. They thought that was a refund because that's how Apple listed it, but it was for a trading in phone that I bought before I had Apple Card. It didn't take me long to reach representative and they were able to fix the problem. I don't think the customer service was as good as I would expect from Apple but I don't get Apple level customer service from anyone.

People are complaining about Goldman Sachs but the issue is they are the only ones that were dumb enough to agree to Apple's rules. A lot of them are privacy related and things other credit card companies make money off of. There's a reason why those other credit card card companies didn't want anything to do with Apple Card. Goldman Sachs is losing their shirt on Apple Card. It is not profitable because of all of the restrictions Apple placed on them. Unfortunately I can see a day in the near future where Apple Card is no longer because of this. Goldman Sachs cannot sustain this business model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.