Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neutrino17

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2022
In the past month or two I have gotten several calls purporting to be from Apple Card Support. They spoof the actual Apple Card Support phone number so at first it looks legitimate.

The first clue it was bogus is that when I declined the call they called back immediately. I declined maybe three or four times then I picked up. I‘ve noticed this behavior a few times. Legitimate callers will just leave a message. When they keep calling back it makes you feel like it is urgent.

At first the call seemed legit. They were calling about suspicious charges. They were from Amazon and somewhere else I never use. Something about his speech was off. His accent was pretty minimal but his vocabulary and such was stilted. Eventually I just hung up and called Apple to report it.

The next few times they called I just ignored them. Then I started having fun.

I asked where he was calling from and he said “The United States of America”. LOL Nobody real says that.

I said really? Sounds like Eastern Europe to me.

”No, I’m calling from Pennsylvania.”

Oh, Transylvania?

“Yes.”

Then he says something about “calling from the Billing Department.”

Oh, Billings, Montana?

“Yes.”

Then I got tired and hung up.

Today I got another one. I started in with asking him if he was calling from Romania or the Czech Republic and he just hung up on me with no argument. Quitter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.