Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJ44

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
This has happened once before then caught up I a couple days but has anyone else had it where all of a sudden Apple Card transactions don’t post immediately to the wallet app? I’ve had 3 over the last couple days that do impact my balance but the individual transactions don’t show up. I tried to remove the card and add it back and now I’ve lost view of all transactions.

Reactions: octoberist3 and Hum

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
This has happened once before then caught up I a couple days but has anyone else had it where all of a sudden Apple Card transactions don’t post immediately to the wallet app? I’ve had 3 over the last couple days that do impact my balance but the individual transactions don’t show up. I tried to remove the card and add it back and now I’ve lost view of all transactions.
Been using it since day one and mine (that I've noticed) have always been somewhat immediate...or at least by the time I've gotten home.

Zapski

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2021
I've been having this problem for a month now. No new transactions show up on my iPhone 12Pro Max, and today's update didn't fix it either. The balance shows correctly and I can make payments, but not one transaction since June 14

I've removed, and re-added the card. I've erased and restored the phone. My old iPhone 8 shows all the transactions normally, as does my iPad, and even my watch, so it seems to be device specific. Anyone else with this issue?

Looking elsewhere, it seems that contacting Apple is no help, as they try to pass it on to Goldman Sachs. I'm just wondering if this is widespread or rare

Reactions: Hum

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I've been having this problem for a month now. No new transactions show up on my iPhone 12Pro Max, and today's update didn't fix it either. The balance shows correctly and I can make payments, but not one transaction since June 14

I've removed, and re-added the card. I've erased and restored the phone. My old iPhone 8 shows all the transactions normally, as does my iPad, and even my watch, so it seems to be device specific. Anyone else with this issue?

Looking elsewhere, it seems that contacting Apple is no help, as they try to pass it on to Goldman Sachs. I'm just wondering if this is widespread or rare

I have had the same problem since late June. It happened about the same time that I added my wife as a co-owner of my existing card. All of the transactions show up on her phone, but not on mine. I still see the balances, and I can pay the card.

/Jim

Reactions: Hum

Zapski

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2021
I've been tempted to erase my iPhone 12 (that has the problem) and set it up as new, since restoring from a backup didn't help. My old iPhone 8 I had erased and set up as new, and it's still showing transactions correctly a few months later. It's a pain, but maybe it will work, or maybe the problem will come back. I'll let you know after I've done it (which will be later, alas)

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I just got an Apple card and I was concerned about notifications. My other cards do an outstanding job with that. Today I charged two items from Amazon at different times and orders, one showed up on a notifications and one didn't. I sure hope that's not normal.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I don’t like starting new threads so I’m going to borrow this one.
Is anyone else noticing that transactions are pending longer? Typical mine are pending for a day or so but all this week they’ve been pending for up to 4 days.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I don’t like starting new threads so I’m going to borrow this one.
Is anyone else noticing that transactions are pending longer? Typical mine are pending for a day or so but all this week they’ve been pending for up to 4 days.

Yes, Im new to the Apple card but experiencing the same thing. Slow notifications on some purchases too!

Zapski

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2021
So I did eventually have to erase my iPhone 12 and set it up as completely new (not restoring from backup) in order to get Wallet to show transactions. It’s been a couple of weeks, and the issue hasn’t reappeared.

I guess that solved it? Annoying but at least nothing was really lost except some iMessage threads that didn’t move over. A modestly annoying fix.

Hum

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
I've been tempted to erase my iPhone 12 (that has the problem) and set it up as new, since restoring from a backup didn't help. My old iPhone 8 I had erased and set up as new, and it's still showing transactions correctly a few months later. It's a pain, but maybe it will work, or maybe the problem will come back. I'll let you know after I've done it (which will be later, alas)
same on 12 pro when I added my wife on family share... No transactions posted since aug 29 2021.contacted apple 12 times and they dont have a clue and they say,yes we have a problem but no fix!Meantime they want you to just live with it.They promise to call you back and never do!

mrCrumbSnatcher

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
This happened to me as well starting this past weekend. My wife is co-owner, but that was set up about five months ago. My transactions are showing up on her iPhone, but not mine. On Apple's system status page, I did see that they performed some type of maintenance over the weekend. Regardless, this issue seems to have been around for a while (seen posts from over a year ago) for random people... a bunch of stuff on Reddit.

mrCrumbSnatcher

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
Just an FYI - Removed the apple credit card and re-added. Every single transaction was wiped out except my monthly installments. Balance is still there. Before removing, I at least had transactions showing before Sept 2nd.

Last edited:

Hum

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
I erased and restored 12 pro today and still no transactions since august 29.

mrCrumbSnatcher

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
I erased and restored 12 pro today and still no transactions since august 29.
At least you have transactions before Aug 29th ;). When I removed the card and re-added, I lost every single transaction ever (except monthly installments). I'm keeping the card just because the monthly installments/no interest on apple devices is too good to pass up. Just won't use it anymore for day to day purchases. My Citi Card gives me 2% cash back as well so that will be my go to until I can see my transactions and be able to track them. Even on the apple card website, you can't see transactions what make up your overall balance. There is no way to check for fraud, etc. until you get your monthly statement. Crazy.

Hum

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
You are 100% correct on not being able to check for fraud iam totally amazed that the folks at apple don’t try to do more to solve the issue. We also used the card for everything and now we have locked it out until they address the problem.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I have had the same problem since late June. It happened about the same time that I added my wife as a co-owner of my existing card. All of the transactions show up on her phone, but not on mine. I still see the balances, and I can pay the card.

/Jim
Replying to my own post:

Mine is working fine now. I just update both of our iPhone 12 Pros to iPhone 13 Pros. I am not sure what made it start working on my phone. Probably one of:

1) IOS 15
2) Removing the Apple Card from my wife’s iPhone 13 during setup (I setup hers first)
3) Moving to a new iPhone (my iPhone 13)

In any case: Now she does not have the Apple Card on her phone anymore, and mine works perfectly. She is still on the account, but there really is no big reason for her to be. I pretty much only use the card for purchases from Apple getting the 3% cash back, and she never shops at the Apple Store. For everything else, we can do the same or better such as:

5% Amazon Prime Card
4% Gas with Costco Card
3% Restraunts with Costco
3% Apple Card at Apple
2% Costco Card at Costco
2% Citi Double Cash

/Jim

Hum

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Replying to my own post:

Mine is working fine now. I just update both of our iPhone 12 Pros to iPhone 13 Pros. I am not sure what made it start working on my phone. Probably one of:

1) IOS 15
2) Removing the Apple Card from my wife’s iPhone 13 during setup (I setup hers first)
3) Moving to a new iPhone (my iPhone 13)

In any case: Now she does not have the Apple Card on her phone anymore, and mine works perfectly. She is still on the account, but there really is no big reason for her to be. I pretty much only use the card for purchases from Apple getting the 3% cash back, and she never shops at the Apple Store. For everything else, we can do the same or better such as:

5% Amazon Prime Card
4% Gas with Costco Card
3% Restraunts with Costco
3% Apple Card at Apple
2% Costco Card at Costco
2% Citi Double Cash

/Jim
Went to apple Genius Bar 2 days ago,80 miles? they said it’s a Goldman Sacs lssue and they could do nothing. I ask them to send me an email do that extent and they said ok. Never received the email or the call from Goldman sacs that was scheduled for3pm?

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Went to apple Genius Bar 2 days ago,80 miles? they said it’s a Goldman Sacs lssue and they could do nothing. I ask them to send me an email do that extent and they said ok. Never received the email or the call from Goldman sacs that was scheduled for3pm?
I feel for you. But they are ********ting you. It is an Apple, specifically Tim Cook issue as he chose a financial company with no experience in running a credit card operation. It wasn't enough that GS caused shameful chaos in the 2008 crisis, now they are messing with folks 13 years later. :confused:

Zapski

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2021
It’s been a few weeks now since I did this, and the solution seems to be erase the phone and don’t restore from backup. Setting it up as new seems to fix it.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
It’s been a few weeks now since I did this, and the solution seems to be erase the phone and don’t restore from backup. Setting it up as new seems to fix it.

As stated earlier, I received my new iPhone 13 Pro and I did restore from backup. Mine started working correctly again.

I set up my wife's new phone (13 Pro) first via a restore from 12 Pro, and then I removed her Apple Card from the wallet. When I migrated to my iPhone, I had full visibility into the card.

I realize my situation is different than yours, but I wanted to post so that others know that wiping/rebuilding from scratch is not the only option.

/Jim

tonywalker23

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2003
SC
I know this thread is old, but I’m just adding my two cents. I have an Apple card. My wife is a co-owner, and my daughter is a participant. I can see everyone’s transactions, and my wife can see our daughter the participant transactions. But my wife cannot see any of my transactions nor her own transactions. We have signed in and out, we have added and removed and added the card, this also involves setting up on a new one, going from an iPhone 12 mini to iPhone 13 mini from my wife, but there’s something going on with her that are not allowing her to see any transactions. However, the balance is correct I just tested it again after trying some things bye-bye buying a two dollar gift card from Dunkin’ Donuts and my phone. The pending transaction showed up immediately. The balance changed immediately on my wife’s phone. The balance changed immediately, but still no transaction record.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.