Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Belkiman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2021
I’ve received fraudulent Netflix charges on the 2nd day of the month for the last four months. I am at a loss how this is happening. I dispute the charges and Apple/Goldman Sachs finds in my favor. New card number every time. This is the virtual number, NOT the physical card number. I don’t have a Netflix account. I checked Netflix and nobody has created an account with my email. How is this happening? It almost seems like it would have to be someone internal at Goldman Sachs but that is very far-fetched.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
When you got the new number did you give it to anybody for an online payment? The only solid way to track this is to just add one outside use of that number at a time until you can find which business is compromising your account. I'm guessing that you ordered something on the phone, gave the virtual number, and someone there grabbed the number to use for their Netflix viewing. Look back at your transactions and see who you gave the card number to. Something like Amazon is not usually a problem but Joe's Pizza might be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.