Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gliedgenius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2022
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to see if anybody had any trouble regarding Apple Care+ services and has been compensated for any trouble?

I am currently having the following issue:
Opened up a claim to get my watch swap via the service fee (70 dollars or so). However, the apple care guy somehow hasnt checked the box and therefore the blocked fee on my credit card (the 700 dollars for not sending the old watch back) has actually been deducted from my bank account even though the watch arrived at their facility. After being in contact with them to figure out what exactly went wrong for 3 weeks they finally agreed to reimburse the amount back to my credit card, which shouldve taken 5 days. After 7 days I contacted them to find out that there was an error on their site while setting up the wire transfer and that they have re submitted the request and the money should be there shortly. Its now been another 5 days and I am slowly losing patience.

Therefore I wanted to ask about any experience. Is there any way to maybe get a gift card out of this, or an iPhone case or something similar?
I dont want to get the most out of this, but surely something would be nice after clowning with them for almost 1 ½ months now.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Yes, sounds like a pretty frustrating experience. But typically no, you wouldn't be offered anything extra. You could try politely emailing Tim Cook with the specific date details, but no guarantees anything specific would be offered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.