Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iNeko

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2007
England
iPhone has decided to not recognise anything through the dock connection, so I called Apple care, and struggled for the better part of an hour to explain the problem, having to repeat everything about a hundred times. I was patient, calm, and spelt everything out with the phonetic alphabet, when asked, to make sure everything was right, but.

And it's a big but, even though I spelt everything out for them, the email has just come through and my address has come out as a mangled mix of my town and street name and the county as the town and my surname has an extra y on the end, how on earth is this possible?

Last time I called, they called me Dan, which I can understand as it sounds similar to Sam - but this is incredible. I'm hoping that UPS will just use the house number and postcode to get here to pick this thing up. *sigh*

iNeko

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2007
England
The package arrived perfectly, and I had a good chuckle at the "AppleCare iPhone Sim Card Removal Tool" :D

SDLSteve

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2004
Florida
Seriously, when you can't understand someone on the other line, either ask for a supervisor and be relentless about wanting to speak to only them or hang up and try again.

iNeko

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2007
England
I should, I know - but I just get on with it :eek:

the address was right, the town was just put in the street name and my name had a few extra letters :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.