Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsdye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2023
United States
I just received notice my 3-year Apple Care expired July 4. I bought my MacBook Pro on July 5, 2020, the height of pandemic lockdowns. I asked Apple to extend my Apple Care by a year because for an entire year I could not go into the Genius Counter. They refused, saying they were still available to make fixes. Well, yeah, if you wanted to be without your computer for over a week or more. Anyone else feel like Apple should extend the Apple Care for those of us who bought at the height of the pandemic lockdowns?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I don't feel like they should. They made repairs available and if you were able to take it to a store I bet you'd have to wait for at least a few days to up to a week for parts and the actual repair to be accomplished...

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I just received notice my 3-year Apple Care expired July 4. I bought my MacBook Pro on July 5, 2020, the height of pandemic lockdowns. I asked Apple to extend my Apple Care by a year because for an entire year I could not go into the Genius Counter. They refused, saying they were still available to make fixes. Well, yeah, if you wanted to be without your computer for over a week or more. Anyone else feel like Apple should extend the Apple Care for those of us who bought at the height of the pandemic lockdowns?
No, why should they? You would have been able to call them and do express replacement if needed, or chat for that matter…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.