Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
Upgraded to IOS 14 this AM. I have an iPhone 11 and still run iTunes on my mid 2012 MBP 15/Sierra. When I tried to play music through AppleCarplay I got a message to enable it in AppleMusic which I do not have.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I had a similar issue when I went to a version on 13 - what I had to do was open the Music app on my iPhone and it gave me a message to OK using it (or something similar - it was a while ago). Try opening the music app on your phone and see if it gives you a message

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
I had a similar issue when I went to a version on 13 - what I had to do was open the Music app on my iPhone and it gave me a message to OK using it (or something similar - it was a while ago). Try opening the music app on your phone and see if it gives you a message
Thanks you are right. After I upgraded I went for ride in the car to try out apple play. I saw the red apple music icon and when I pressed on it. I assumed you needed to subscribe to apple music. Went I got home I went to iTunes and it had me approve something and now it works.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I had the same after going to the GM version of iOS14. Basically the Music app had an info screen about the changes to it in iOS14 to show on first opening which needed to be cleared and since then its been working fine. Think it did it first public beta i installed as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.