Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
Hi, my iPhone X is on iOS Public Beta 3 now
I just got my brand new BMW z4 m40i which has lifetime Apple Car Play feature installed.

I tried to connect it and it works perfect first.
Then automatically gets disconnected when you switch off car and leave.
then again when you start, it doesn't start and says UNABLE TO CONNECT.
RETRY RETRY RETRY!

Tired of this C R A P!

Not sure, whom to complaint about ?
Apple or BMW ?

It works perfectly with BMW own selection iDrive, but if I change iDrive to Apple carPlay, then it doesnt connect and shows unable to connect.

I need the car play to work, as car play shows the clipart of the song.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
For what its worth i'm having no issues with the latest public beta on my car, a Vauxhall Insignia. I did have a few sketchy issues in a previous version of the public beta. Problem is with you being on a beta its hard to really complain to anyone as it stands. Does seem some car manufacturers are having issues with later iOS builds so that would point to their software. If i were you and its so crucial i'd roll back to the latest version of iOS12 and see how it goes to take the beta phone software out of the equation.

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
No problem. I just tried with my iPhone XS running iOS 12 and it has the same issue.
It refuse to connect at all, after getting disconnected once.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
That would suggest its a BMW issue perhaps, could be worth investigating BMW forums and possibly looking to BMW to see if they have any software updates.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi, my iPhone X is on iOS Public Beta 3 now
I just got my brand new BMW z4 m40i which has lifetime Apple Car Play feature installed.

I tried to connect it and it works perfect first.
Then automatically gets disconnected when you switch off car and leave.
then again when you start, it doesn't start and says UNABLE TO CONNECT.
RETRY RETRY RETRY!

Tired of this C R A P!

Not sure, whom to complaint about ?
Apple or BMW ?

It works perfectly with BMW own selection iDrive, but if I change iDrive to Apple carPlay, then it doesnt connect and shows unable to connect.

I need the car play to work, as car play shows the clipart of the song.

There's a pretty good chance that this issue is beta-related. As Apple works through the process, it should improve... I had a lot of issues on an Alpine after-market head unit on DP3... better, but not totally fixed in DP4... and better still on todays DP5 release... but there are still issues... probably will be throughout the beta process... and ultimately won't be totally fixed until the 3rd party apps can update using the iOS 13 SDK, which won't be until Apple releases the GM in September.

If CarPlay is a 100% must-have, I'd strongly recommend no running the beta at all... go back to iOS 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.