Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kcattakrahs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2019
Hi, recently started using apple carplay. I have an issue where when I have my carplay running and receive a call to my airpods, the car audio cuts out during the call. Is there a firmware upgrade, or option in the settings which allows me to answer the phone call via airpods while having the radio/itunes/music continue to play through the car speakers?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi, recently started using apple carplay. I have an issue where when I have my carplay running and receive a call to my airpods, the car audio cuts out during the call. Is there a firmware upgrade, or option in the settings which allows me to answer the phone call via airpods while having the radio/itunes/music continue to play through the car speakers?

Not that I know of... I noticed the same issue when I was connected to my previous head unit (non-CarPlay). If I got a call, even though I was not using the car audio system to take the call, the music stopped... may have something to do with s limitation on having more than one active BT connection going.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
When a call comes, iPhone pauses the music. It always has, as long as I can remember, no matter what the listening devices are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.