Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your favorite iMac/iBook Color scheme?

• Lifesavers

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Ice

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Sage,Ruby,Indigo,Snow, Flouresant

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Retro Patterns

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Market Saturation

The colors were great to get the public excited about computers.

They worked. :)

(oh, those Sage and Ruby babes...ah, those were great!)

Then, EVERYTHING on the flippin' planet was copying the colors, especially the "Bondi Blue" look.

Telephones, razors, shoes, alarm clocks, broom handles, toilet seats, vacumn cleaners, candle holders, pens, plastic cups, *ENOUGH ALREADY!*

Apple saw that, too. Now get this...

A COMPUTER company actually starts a fashion trend in coloring their computers certain colors that gets copied in all kinds of products that aren't even computer related. If you really stop and think about that, it's, well, extraordinary!

Now EVERYTHING's looking like an iMac or "Space Clam" (my pet word for the old iBook) Well, at least everything is COLORED like them.

What's Apple to do? What they've always done...

Change.

Ice, Snow, whatever you call it, it's simple, beautiful, and goes with anything.

OK, Fashion Monsters...time to play "catch up" with Apple again...once, mearly innovators in computer technology, now (dare I say it?) actual trend setters.:cool:

networkman

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2002
california, usa
,,,then i ask you this, "why didn't apple inc capitalize on this?"

in 1996 when they almost bit the dust, the had 6 billion in cash reserves and now in 2002, i hear the number is at 4 billion...now what is wrong with that picture?

did the flop of the quicksilver, the cube, the dalmation and flower poer imacs, and the expensive development of os x really cost apple that much?

if it were dell or microsoft, i know they would have made their company's stock triple and market capitalization increase with such trend setting

i think apple should have stayed with bondi blue and the colors and worked it a little more and not gone to the dalmation and flower power which i think they did because they wanted to set another trend

why does apple inc always drop the ball when the momentum is on their side?

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Maybe we'll see colors, but not like we saw before. I think the iMac would look stunning in glossy black with that chrome. Pardon me while I rethink the interior (lack of) design of my room...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.