Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OCS12

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sheboygan, WI USA
I'm a little confused and running out of ideas. I can no longer send or receive money to Apple Cash, and can't pay my Apple card from my checking account. There are two big issues that could either have an effect, but I can't seem to figure out how to fix them. I had to restore my phone last week. I also recently moved. As far as I know, I've updated the address on all my various Apple accounts, but still no luck. Everything I try results in "Payment not completed."

Anyone ever run in to this before or have any idea how to fix this?

mikepro

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
I'm a little confused and running out of ideas. I can no longer send or receive money to Apple Cash, and can't pay my Apple card from my checking account. There are two big issues that could either have an effect, but I can't seem to figure out how to fix them. I had to restore my phone last week. I also recently moved. As far as I know, I've updated the address on all my various Apple accounts, but still no luck. Everything I try results in "Payment not completed."

Anyone ever run in to this before or have any idea how to fix this?

I'm going through the same thing now. Previously had my 11 year old setup in family sharing with Ask for permission to buy. The requests came to me to approve. Just got her an iphone and setup Apple Cash family. Since she's under 13, I can't give her access to the credit card, so she can only use Apple Cash. OK, whatever but I'd like for her to be able to pay for jn app purchases with her apply Cash balance. Seems like from what I can tell, this is NOT POSSIBLE. See some links below. Kind of annoying, but it seems like Apple Cash can only be used to pay for stuff where there is a chip reader card terminal, or online if there is a specific option for apple pay. Can't use your apple cash as payment method for in app stuff (maybe can when she is over 13?). I don't no, but seems like a confusing miss, as it would be ideal if I could just let her manage her own in app purchases with her apple cash balance.

Or, do I have to turn off purchase sharing??

mikepro

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
So... followup. I turned off purchase sharing and ask for permission, and was then able to set up her apple cash as payment method for in app purchases. BUT... everytime she tries purchasing something, we get an "invalid address".

Went through all of the 3 below multiple times, trying her name, my name, zip code+4, everything I could think of that would be valid and matching what is on my phone. Could never get this to work. Anyone able to get apple cash working for kids under 13 for in app purchases??
  1. Go to settings>Wallet & Apple Pay>transaction defaults>address
  2. Go to Wallet app>tap on any card>tap three dots in corner>tap address
  3. Go to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>payment & shipping>address

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.