Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsmsam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Sorry if this thread doesn't belong here, but I am not really sure where to put it and am wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen.

Last Friday I ordered an AirTag and keychain via the Apple app on my iPhone. I had $28 in Apple Cash already, so I just transferred cash ($40) over from my debit card to finish the balance and pay with one payment method. I placed the order and paid with Apple Cash and I thought that was that, but Saturday morning I got an email that my order could not process on my credit card. I didn't use a credit card at all, but I was heading to work and didn't want to delay shipping, so I just put my debit card in and figured Apple would sort it out later after work.

I spent an hour on the phone with three different Apple representatives Saturday night and I haven't really gotten anywhere. Not only that, but I have now paid for the entire order via my debit card plus Apple Cash. So, Friday morning I paid $67.84 with Apple Cash. In my wallet, the status is "Cleared" and I have a transaction ID. Saturday morning I paid $30.74 with my debit card, and now the remaining $37.10 has also been deducted from my debit card. The last person I spoke to at Apple said to just wait for the order to arrive and call back if nothing was fixed by then. At that point, I had only paid partially on my debit card, but now the other charge has come up.

My Apple Cash balance is still gone. I guess at this point I will continue waiting, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.