Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solowCX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2005
California
I was one of those people that had 2 Apple IDs (one originally for iTunes purchases and one used for device login/iCloud). With the launch of Apple One it was a pain making everything work correctly so Apple suggested I try to get everything switched over to just 1 Apple ID. It was a pain but I was able to do it (moving everything to the iTunes purchases one since they can't be transferred).

However, when I went to set-up Apple Cash it indicated I was restricted and to call Apple. When I called they said I had "exceeded the maximum number of accounts" (which apparently is 1) and there was nothing they could do. Even if the Apple Cash account associated with my old Apple ID was closed apparently I was no longer allowed to use Apple Cash. It was about the most unhelpful phone call I ever had.

Has anyone ever encountered this situation? Unless anyone has any thoughts on what to do I think I will pretty much have to just give up on Apple Cash forever (as well as my Apple Card, but that is a different situation).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.