Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
Does anyone else think Apple would offer a checking account since they've introduced a Savings account? Seems like a next logical step if they're getting into more financial services. But then with the rumors of GS wanting to offload Apple financial products to AMEX or someone else probably unlikely I'd imagine.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Anything is possible but I’m sure there are phases that Apple is doing this in that we aren’t aware of. No doubt the savings account was more GS than Apple since banks essentially use other people’s money as funding so what better way than a savings account which are traditionally less volatile than a checking account. This allows GS to at least project funds more accurately.

Regardless of what bank is partnering I don’t think a checking account is on the horizon until Apple decides to essentially create its on bank for ecosystem purposes or have a legitimate bank offer it as a side service BUT not accessible through the wallet app. In my limited knowledge checking accounts don’t offer any real benefits to banks outside of maybe overdraft fees and keeping customers in their ecosystem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.