Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pietrociao

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2013
I use the podcast app very frequently across iPad/Phone/MBP and never have had a problem. What problem/s are you having?

It stops playing out of the blue, I tap play again and it works for a few seconds and the voice starts distorting to the point I can't even understand a word. I rebooted, deleted the app and reinstalled it, still get that problem almost every day. (iPhone 5 32 gb - latest iOS)

jwdsail

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
It's all about streaming. Nobody purchases digital music anymore.

I sure wish people would stop calling me nobody :p

Seriously though, speak for yourself.. I can't believe there are so many suckers out there *RENTING* music...

Sigh.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Wouldn't it be easier to strengthen the efforts on rolling out iTunes Radio to the rest of the world beforehand? :rolleyes:

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
For me this indicates they really missed the streaming revolution. Now, they’re playing catch up and buying knowledge and experience. But still, shows how a company, made big my music and owning the largest music store in the world, can still fall behind. Hope they can turn it around soon. And for me, that means a new streamlined and focused iTunes without iOS clutter. I haven’t used iTunes 12 yet, but that does not seem to be it.

djshack

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Boston, MA
I sure wish people would stop calling me nobody :p

Seriously though, speak for yourself.. I can't believe there are so many suckers out there *RENTING* music...

Sigh.
For sure. I still buy music, but I do think it seems to be a generational thing. I'm 30 (almost 31), and most friends of mine a few years younger seem like the idea of renting music. I think it stems from the fact that they never acquired a great music library, where I've been buying CDs and MP3s for about 15 years or so. Why pay for what I already own?

Last edited:

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
I wonder if this is less about acquiring particular apps than Apple using the tried and true strategy of eliminating competition.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Swell is a great app. I've been using it for a while so it's a good acquisition.

I think what Apple should do is combine iTunes Radio, Podcast and Swell into one Native App and offer the music app as a separate entity.

joeblough

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2006
I wonder if this is less about acquiring particular apps than Apple using the tried and true strategy of eliminating competition.

god i hope not.

i didn't know about this app until macrumors posted it yesterday, and guess what, they shut it down today. used it for ONE DAY and i thought it was fantastic for my long-ass commute.

why the heck don't they keep it going until they get it integrated into Podcasts.app? absolutely sure whatever apple does with it it won't work nearly as well as Swell did. maybe that's why, over the next year while they mess around trying to integrate the code we'll forget how well Swell worked.

maybe someone will do a me-too app.

iplayerboy

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
Their acquisitions are increasing every few months, I think they are thinking to acquire a lot more than we normal beings think of at a moment, thats too not bad if they have a potential to bring something productive in our devices in the coming years.

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
So many acquisitions

I think that's because Apple have rested on their laurels for too long. Yes, the iPhone sells incredibly well, but in other areas, other companies have succeeded where Apple failed/ignored.

Now it's too late, all Apple can do is start to buy them up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.