Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFJM

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
Welcome to the thread for the Apple.com 2018 iPhone pre-order thread.

If the rumors and leaks are true; which iPhone will you be getting? And are you using the Apple Store App, Apple.com or just camping out on launch day.

Let us know.

This thread will be updated on new information when the New iPhones are launched.

Official Apple Announcement September 12, 2018.

If everything is true I’m going for the highest GB iPhone(even though I don’t need it), the largest phone size and the gold color.

Reactions: CjonesHouston

Fratorga100

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
I'll be using the website because this will my first iDevice (expect for an iPod touch,about 5 years ago). I'm going to buy an Xs but I still don't know which storage size to go with. How hard is to get the delivery the first day?

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I usually have the site open on my iPad and the app open on my phone and hammer ‘em both to see which one gets through first. IIRC, it’s been the app for each of the last few years.

Still torn on which X to get - I’ve had each iteration of the Plus line and am growing a little weary of the huge size (and I have small hands and short fingers), so the 5.8 is very tempting. However, hearing that the 6.5 won’t really be that much different than my 8+ is also swaying me back that way, too. I’ll probably hem and haw until 3 am that morning.

Anandc

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
Bombay, India
I usually have the site open on my iPad and the app open on my phone and hammer ‘em both to see which one gets through first. IIRC, it’s been the app for each of the last few years.

Still torn on which X to get - I’ve had each iteration of the Plus line and am growing a little weary of the huge size (and I have small hands and short fingers), so the 5.8 is very tempting. However, hearing that the 6.5 won’t really be that much different than my 8+ is also swaying me back that way, too. I’ll probably hem and haw until 3 am that morning.

I'm in the same dilemma.

I've used iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone X. I preferred iPhone X size but I'm more keen on iPhone XS Max. I guess it will have some added features to it. Let's see what Apple unfolds on Sept 12!

Reactions: Blueline29

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
iPhone XS or iPhone 9 for me. I think I may just settle for the 9 to save $ and still manage to upgrade.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I like using the App but it's difficult having to do a "refresh" by having to close and re-open the app continuously. Wish there was a better way.

Reactions: Blueline29

Rebel Heart

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
The Hague
I have to wait and see if The Netherlands get the new phones first batch this year; if yes, I’ll pre-order the Xs Plus/Max, probably in silver or space grey, 256GB. Upgrading from 6s Plus, figured this year would be good to do so.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I hammer the Apple Store app on my iPhone and iPad, and I hit the website on my iMac. The iPhone app usually gets me in first. Going for the 6.5, but the color choice will waffle and likely be a last second decision. I lean toward silver, but I have that in the current X, and I usually like to change it up year to year.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
If I've never done the Verizon device payment program, I can just do it when ordering through the apple store app right? Just enter my number and pin?

AudreyHorne

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2018
I will be violently refreshing Apple.com on my laptop with the app open on my phone! I cannot decide on the size, am hoping the keynote will shine a light on the situation, but expect to be deliberating until the very last second. I will probably go with the base amount of storage! I will almost certainly go with black!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.