Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
I still think this is leftovers of Jaguar. Makes more sense that way anyhow. Why would Apple go to random spots and change the design for Tiger? (there's also one of these designs in the fax page) Especially when this is a preview of exposé for those coming from jaguar to panther.

Sorry guys, but I really think these were just overlooked during the transition to the panther design.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
vtprinz said:
I still think this is leftovers of Jaguar. Makes more sense that way anyhow. Why would Apple go to random spots and change the design for Tiger? (there's also one of these designs in the fax page) Especially when this is a preview of exposé for those coming from jaguar to panther.

Sorry guys, but I really think these were just overlooked during the transition to the panther design.

It could be, or it could be for tiger also...

optomisism!

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
yeah, thats leftover jaguar textures.

Go compare it to your 10.2 discs/box.

Tiger box/cd is more of an X-men logo clone than animal related.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
dotdotdot said:
Heres a "full size" better pic...

Can anyone do a quick list of why/how they use Exposé? I've been a WindowShade user from OS 9, now OS X days, and have never really given it a shot. Thanks,
X

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
Why/how we use Expose? Are you serious?
Alright, well I use F9 to show all of my open Windows when I have a lot going on and one's been bumped to the back and I want to find it quickly (although honestly I think I use cmd-Tab more), F10 when I'm working in Photoshop or Safari where there are a lot of different app Windows overlapping and alt-tab doesn't really do anything, and I use F11 because I save a lot of files to the desktop by instinct, then drag them to the folder I want them to be in. I find it easier then using the Save dialogue. I also use F11 when I want to say eject my iPod or a CD, etc.
Basically, I use one of those three buttons at least once every fifteen minutes.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
chameeeleon said:
Why/how we use Expose? Are you serious?
Alright, well I use F9 to show all of my open Windows when I have a lot going on and one's been bumped to the back and I want to find it quickly (although honestly I think I use cmd-Tab more), F10 when I'm working in Photoshop or Safari where there are a lot of different app Windows overlapping and alt-tab doesn't really do anything, and I use F11 because I save a lot of files to the desktop by instinct, then drag them to the folder I want them to be in. I find it easier then using the Save dialogue. I also use F11 when I want to say eject my iPod or a CD, etc.
Basically, I use one of those three buttons at least once every fifteen minutes.

Its basically like on Windows you have the taskbar which shows every open program by showing its name, except this way is MUCH cooler...

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
whatever that is it looks horrible. The white text over that background is hideous. but thats just my opinion.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Lacero said:
Here's to hoping they re-design their gawd-awful ugly widgets. :cool:

The widgets have kinda grown on me, they're simple and easily distinguishable. Not Apple's finest work but hey. It's easily compensated for by the brilliance of some of the third party widgets available. Looking forward to seeing what people come up with once Tiger is actually released!

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
xsedrinam said:
Can anyone do a quick list of why/how they use Exposé? I've been a WindowShade user from OS 9, now OS X days, and have never really given it a shot. Thanks,
X
I simply find it more convenient. I set the F11(? I'm on a windows machine at the moment) anyways, the key that displays all windows to the scroll wheel on my mouse. Now whenever I click the scroll wheel, I can see every window I have open. I find it's very convenient for switching between apps and such. Sometimes at work I'll click my scrollwheel and then remember it's windows and be disapointed/annoyed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.