Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtmav

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
So about two weeks ago I tried to do a clean install of Snow Leopard into my Rev B Air. Problems started to show up, maybe coincidently, but kernel panics, grey screen of death and the whole system was unstable. Called Applecare and had an excellent tech help me. I was unable to install SL. Failed every time. Took it to the Apple store and they kept it for a week and replaced the SSD hard drive. Came home with it yesterday and the same problem. Called the Tech who has been helping me and he is sending me a super drive for free, since the remote install was not working, makes an appointment for me to go today and have the "genius" install SL on my Air from their ext hard drive. Same thing happens again, install fails. I was getting pretty upset with all the nonsense, no one could tell me what was wrong. They asked me to kill an hour while they diagnosed the problem. Went and had a sandwich, came back and still no solution. Asked to speak with the manager explained my story, told him I could have saved a thousand bucks and bought a Dell and had a similar experience. Asked him for a replacement on the spot and he agrees. Brand new Rev C 2.13 128SSD in the box. Extends my Apple Care for 3 years from today as well.
Even though it's been a PITA not having my machine for 2 weeks, I am very happy with the outcome to say the least. Man this thing flies with Snow Leopard and the WiFI range is much better with this Air as well.
I know we all bitch from time to time but this will keep me in the Apple family for a long time.:)

JTMav

secretpact

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
I'm glad to hear about your excellent customer service experience at Apple! My experiences have been nothing extrodinary, just standard stuff. Enjoy your new Air, I hope to get one myself someday :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.