Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I have to agree. With the level of fandom that Apple has, they could be making gazillion$$$ just by selling official Apple logo merchandise.

Instead.... the only option is to scour 3rd party non-licensed counterfeit Apple merch on eBay. Or sometimes eBay will sell official Apple mugs and merch (that came from the Cupertino Apple Park Campus)..... at a 400% markup. o_O

Reactions: brandoman

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It's a bummer that there's no official Apple merchandise outside of travelling to company store at headquarters in Cupertino. Especially with the sizeable enthusiast community.
They used to have apple branded products (shirts, hats, coffee mugs, pens, etc) available to purchase online. I'm talking like decades ago. They chose to not continue that and so now any apple branded products are only available at Cupertino or ebay

Reactions: BigMcGuire

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
It's a bummer that there's no official Apple merchandise outside of travelling to company store at headquarters in Cupertino. Especially with the sizeable enthusiast community.

Time for some Etsy person to make a This Is Not An Apple T-shirt t-shirt (t-shirt collectors can add it to their This Is Not A Fugazi T-shirt t-shirt).

Seriously though, if you only want to make a shirt or trinket for yourself, sites like VistaPrint, Nalgene, and Zazzle have made it easy to turn artwork into stuff.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
You wanna know what pain feels like? This:

apple-celebrates-m1-year.jpg

The Apple M1 SoC was what made me switch to Mac in the first place, after a lifetime of hating Macs. These ARM chips are my obsession. I wanted a shirt of the M1 logo, or of the layout of the chip. And they did make the shirt...but only for the Apple Silicon team.

Apple...why do you do this? I WANT THIS SHIRT AND I WANNA BUY IT FROM YOU! WHY WOULD YOU LET ME THROW MONEY AT YOU?!

Reactions: brandoman

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
My house looks like a well-stocked Apple Store, but one of my favourite items is an Apple Pen in a silver cylindrical container my friend purchased for me at Apple Park. Only available there. :)

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
I seldomly buy stuff from eBay

I have mousepads, t-shirts, mugs and travel mugs, luggage tags, pens, pencils, a travel duffle bag and so on.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
one of my favourite items is an Apple Pen in a silver cylindrical container my friend purchased for me at Apple Park.

Got this over 20 years ago, think it was some kind of promotion when I bought a Mac. It was in an old coffee mug with a bunch of old pens I don't use anymore, had forgotten all about it until your post reminded me. :)

apple_pen.jpg

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I have the best Apple collectible. It’s a signed physical AAPL stock certificate from the late 1990s. Framed. As with old US stock certificates, they have the signature of then-company CEO and CFO.

It might be around early 2000s when Wall Street decided “no more physical stock certificates” will be issued, we are a digital world now.

I first acquired AAPL stocks, just a few shares at the time, when Apple was on the edge of bankruptcy…. but rumors of bringing back Steve Jobs at NeXt.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I have the best Apple collectible. It’s a signed physical AAPL stock certificate from the late 1990s. Framed. As with old US stock certificates, they have the signature of then-company CEO and CFO.

It might be around early 2000s when Wall Street decided “no more physical stock certificates” will be issued, we are a digital world now.

I first acquired AAPL stocks, just a few shares at the time, when Apple was on the edge of bankruptcy…. but rumors of bringing back Steve Jobs at NeXt.

I got paper stocks of my own too, from Disney. My mom bought 100 shares back when they were dirt cheap as this was in the middle of the Disney Renaissance. Fast forward to now, and Disney shares are ludicrous in value.

Though we ain't keeping them for long. We plan to sell soon since Disney pretty much stopped paying us dividends so there's no reason to keep holding onto them if we aren't getting money for them. I plan to sell them and put the money into a CD while the government interest rates are high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solomani
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.