Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkflyfish

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I first noticed the issues when my both of my iPhone 6 phones stopped accessing Apple Music. I also received a notice via email "Your Apple ID,*, was just used to download,*, from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID. You may also be receiving this email if you reset your password since your last purchase." I have not changed devices or passwords, but had downloaded the app.

I'm a member of Family Sharing, with Apple Music Family. The issues: No Apple Music, and could not see purchases of Family Members in iTunes Store. App store appeared unaffected.

The issue of the itunes store and family purchases also affected my iPad, I could not see family purchases. However, Apple Music on the iPad was unaffected and working normally.

Other Family Members did not have the issues. However, they are not on iOS 10.2.1

Chat support with apple, logged in and out of itunes store, and icloud, did not fully resolve issue. Then did the following to correct "Go to Settings > Music > Turn off "Show Apple Music" > Settings > iTunes & App Store > Tap on Apple ID > Sign Out > Sign in > Settings > Music > Enable "Show Apple Music" and "iCloud Music Library” > Go to the Music app and see if this works"

Currently the issues of No Apple Music and no Family Purchases, appears to be resolved on iPhones and iPad

During the chat apple rep said "This might be fixed anytime since Apple Support is working on this issue already." "I see. Probably this is due to the on going issue that we are having today, we are already working on it."

Michael

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Just got a call from my daughter a couple hours ago telling me she had been kicked out of Apple Music.

keenkreations

macrumors regular
May 20, 2005
I was having a problem myself too with my family member. I ended up reading another solution on this forum and removed the family member from the Family Sharing and re-added them. Made it work for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.