Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
A few months ago, I switched from Android to iPhone. I am still getting used to doing things the iPhone way.

One nagging minor problem eludes solution for me: Apple's Contacts. I am accustomed to using Google Contacts. One great thing I like about making new contacts in Google's Contacts address book is that it is easy to select which Google account you want to store a new contact in. If, when I'm using my phone to create a new contact, I choose to store the contact in my myaccount@gmail.com account, instead of my other account2@gmail.com, I can easily select which account when I'm entering in the new contact's data.

If this is possible in Apple Contacts, I do not see how.

I was shocked to discover that I could not find Google Contacts to download to my iPhone. If it is available, I'd like to know how I can install it on my iPhone.

So, either I need to figure out how to select accounts in Apple Contacts, or I need to find out how to load Google Contact onto my iPhone and do it the way I used to.

Any clues which is easier to do?

MY HARDWARE: iPhone SE (3rd generation; 2023; Model MMX83LL/A)
MY OS: iOS 16.3

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Yeah, iOS doesn't offer something as easily selectable like Android. I just am starting to use an iPhone as my main daily driver so I'm learning things as well. All you can do is set the default account for contacts in Setting, Contacts, Default Account.

Reactions: Wingsley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.