Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
My brother in law bought a Mac Mini from Fry's on May 28. When we went to register, Apple said it was a discontinued model and wold not accept the purchase date as any later than January. They claimed it was discontinued in November.

I need to know when part number MC239LL/A was actually discontinued. If it was discontinued in November then Fry's has a problem for not disclosing that.

If not, then I am totally confused.

Does anyone know the date on this part number?

Thanks!

rw3

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Use OSX to register it...when you setup it up after the video, that officially registers the warranty and the purchase date. If Apple has an issue, show them the receipt from Fry's.

ADent

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
According to the linked article it was discontinued June 15, 2010. BTW it was introduced on October 20, 2009, so it can't be more than a year old.

Try again. It may have been a screw up since the new mini just came out two days ago.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
I got it taken care of. My Brother-in-law apparently misunderstood and Apple said the system was just discontinued Tuesday. I actually remember my wife having the same warranty issue with Fry's 2 years ago. Basically, Apple recorded the date that Fry's took possession of the system as the "sold" date and we had to fax in a receipt showing when we bought it to reset the warranty period.

Has anyone else had that problem with Fry's? Has anyone else ever bought a system at Fry's??? lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.