Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMacDaddy1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Merica!
All nice talk, but the virus isn't done. There are variants that heven't hit humans that have been found in sewage in New York. Variants that if they were released on the population could be a huge hit for people, massive deaths. It is entirely possible that the worst is yet to come. Another variant could be the 'third wave' and wipe out billions of people. China knows this. I wonder if they have found a more deadly variant that has caused them to appear to overreact. The first waves of the 1918 flu were easy, but the last wave was devastating. We can't be lulled into a point of not caring. We will pay for dismissing the virus, and it could be beyond epic. I feel that the worst is yet to come. Heck, who thought that Monkey Pox would be a thing. Who thought that Polio would do active in this country. We need to be vigilant, we need to be prepared to lockdown yet again. The virus doesn't care about economies, and lives. It cares about spreading and mutating.

At least keep that in mind.
Lots of what if’s. #1 Get healthy. You know if you are not. #2 Live your life.

TheMacDaddy1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Merica!
What playing on peoples' fears. The fear that the original variants, which were lower respiratory in nature could be very dangerous?

And having one impose their will the other way by way of a statement such as the above. You are certainly more than welcome to not participate and stay in the comfort of your home.

Do you have peer reviewed majority opinion proof that masks offer 0% probability of helping people stay safe? If not whatever you say is not relevant.
Your for imposing masks you come up with the proof. You can’t because there is no proof. The government, Fauci, CDC and WHO have all changed their FACTS multiple times.

You can stay indoors if YOU are worried about the mask less. Or not as I don’t care and I am not going to tell you what to do.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
The poor don't pay any taxes except sales tax and an extremely small amount of property tax since their property is often not worth that much, or they rent.
I agree 100% but don’t forget, even renters pay property tax, they just don’t know it. They’re paying the property owner’s tax for them. Local taxes goes up, guess what else goes up, their rent, like clockwork. 😄

It blows my mind at how people don’t understand everything you just said. And they demonstrate that time and time again, every time a new product is launched. The first to complain about the price, Europeans. The second, Canadians. But man they have tons of “free stuff” from their government. 🙄

I despise that here in the States we’re headed in that direction. I’m not against charity, but that‘s the role of churches and private institutions, not government.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Your for imposing masks you come up with the proof. You can’t because there is no proof. The government, Fauci, CDC and WHO have all changed their FACTS multiple times.

You can stay indoors if YOU are worried about the mask less. Or not as I don’t care and I am not going to tell you what to do.
I actually don’t care if you get Covid or not based on you willingness to wear a mask or not. The government did what it had to do when attempting to deal with something ripping through our society almost in real time.

In case you haven’t noticed pretending the pandemic is over is like covering your ears and going la-la-la-la.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.