Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 27, 2003
I have always bought and used Apple brand DVD-Rs (well, not always, but they have the best burn percentage I have found).

I recently sent a DVD in to a news station and they would not accept it, telling me that the warning printed on the DVD stated it could ruin an incompatible DVD player, which frustrated the hell out of me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for OTHER brands of DVDs I should use to better ensure compatibility for these kind of situations?

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
appleretailguy said:
I have always bought and used Apple brand DVD-Rs (well, not always, but they have the best burn percentage I have found).

I recently sent a DVD in to a news station and they would not accept it, telling me that the warning printed on the DVD stated it could ruin an incompatible DVD player, which frustrated the hell out of me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for OTHER brands of DVDs I should use to better ensure compatibility for these kind of situations?

Go find a random store brand that has a completely blank label. Use one of the 'ink jet printable' or even a dopey LightScribe disc if you can't find anything else. (Just to avoid the station seeing the stupid warning.)

It's not that the disc is incompatible, it was just an ignorant employee. So give them something that even the most ignorant person can't goof up.

(Technically, the warning was warning that if you tried to RECORD on an incompatible recorder, it could cause problems; nothing at all is wrong with playback, no matter what.)

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
ehurtley said:
Go find a random store brand that has a completely blank label. Use one of the 'ink jet printable' or even a dopey LightScribe disc if you can't find anything else. (Just to avoid the station seeing the stupid warning.)

It's not that the disc is incompatible, it was just an ignorant employee. So give them something that even the most ignorant person can't goof up.

(Technically, the warning was warning that if you tried to RECORD on an incompatible recorder, it could cause problems; nothing at all is wrong with playback, no matter what.)
Try to avoid working with the lower, left quadrant people in whatever area you may find them.

Attachments

• knowledge_matrix.gif
    knowledge_matrix.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 197
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.