Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Don't quite know where the best place to put this is, so I went with here, though maybe buying guides the best. Whatever.
Anyways, I need to get some software, FCE and PS, but I don't wanna wait to ship it from the apple store. So, does anyone know if I go to an actual retail store, will they ahve the educational licensed version of Final Cut express, or am I going to have to purchase offline?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
If you can prove your educational status, I believe you can get the discount in the store. Just take a valid ID with you. There's no difference in the software, they'll just reduce the price for you.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The brick-and-mortar Apple stores do not sell software at EDU prices. But you may be able to get it somewhere else...the computer store of a local university might be a good bet.

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
The brick-and-mortar Apple stores do not sell software at EDU prices. But you may be able to get it somewhere else...the computer store of a local university might be a good bet.

Good thinking, I'll go there first (it's closer anyways)

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Apple Stores do not offer educational discounts on software. For pro-apps, the software is not exactly the same either. The splash screen(s) say "Educational Version" on them. Other than that they are the same though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.