Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
i know i am going out really far on this one...but my friend says she has a friend that works at the local apple store who hooked her up when she bought her 15" powerbook a few months ago. she couldn't give me any specifics, but i want to see her reciept to see what kind of discount she got. however, i probably won't get to see it for a few more days.

i am wondering if anyone knows anything about the apple employee discounts? from my research, any apple employee can receive 1 25% discount, and 3 15% discounts during a 1 year time period.

my big question is...can these be combined with education discounts?

thx!

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
tekmoe said:
i know i am going out really far on this one...but my friend says she has a friend that works at the local apple store who hooked her up when she bought her 15" powerbook a few months ago. she couldn't give me any specifics, but i want to see her reciept to see what kind of discount she got. however, i probably won't get to see it for a few more days.

i am wondering if anyone knows anything about the apple employee discounts? from my research, any apple employee can receive 1 25% discount, and 3 15% discounts during a 1 year time period.

my big question is...can these be combined with education discounts?

thx!

Short answer: NO

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
i'd still be better off doing the apple employee discount if i can get it. the 17" powerbook with employee discount would be 2294.15. education discount would be 2399.00. that's a savings of one hundred dollars...

=)

thx for the replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.