Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RAMz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Maryland
I am fairly new to these forums, and I have been watching all of you rant about wanting a new MacBook Pro.

I don't know if this is a credible source, please excuse me if I am mistaken.

But, take a look at this:

http://www.9to5mac.com/apple-event-delayed-58686566

I plan to purchase a MacBook Pro, I just have a lot of patience so I can hold off. Especially when I'll be spending a couple grand for one.

Just some of my thoughts.

MacDann

macrumors 6502a
The event that everyone was anticipating is the release of the SDK (software development kit) for the iPhone.

That's what this article is referencing, as it was expected to take place before the end of February as Steve promised at MacWorld.

MacDann

RAMz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Maryland
So, I guess it wont be an announcement.

It'll probably be more of a "online store goes down omfg" sort of deal. :p

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
I say we can see some sort of speculated rumors pop all over these forums by tomorrow night... XD

RAMz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Maryland
"I think the new MacBook Pro is going to be $999 and its going to have these specs:

1. Core 2 Quad

2. Dual 8800GTXs

4. 400TBs of Hard Drive

5. 64 gbs. of RAM

6. 22" LED Screen

7. 24 Hour Battery Life

8. Blu-Ray Drive

9. 10 USB Ports"

Yeah, right...

EDIT: And it'll be 3/4" :p

puke

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
"I think the new MacBook Pro is going to be $999 and its going to have these specs:

1. Core 2 Quad

2. Dual 8800GTXs

4. 400TBs of Hard Drive

5. 64 gbs. of RAM

6. 22" LED Screen

7. 24 Hour Battery Life

8. Blu-Ray Drive

9. 10 USB Ports"

Yeah, right...

EDIT: And it'll be 3/4" :p

I agree with you, hah. Tho, have you guys read about the new technology about the new batteries? With almost 40-60 hours of batterylife in a laptop. The new MBP with those future-batteries (Penryn, Touch, SSD) wow, that'd be a great machine.

I'm getting the MBP when they are releasing it, crossing fingers for this tuesday.

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
Unless it's just a bump in processor speed or something, there won't be a MBP announcement. A major redesign is a major announcement. Not for just some random Tuesday.

This Tuesday the store will go down and when it comes back up, TimeCapsule will be available.

Oh, and a pink ipod touch (just kidding)

MightyBrutus

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
Hmm...
I don't desperately need a Macbook. My g4 mac mini is getting the job done.
I guess I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens.
Nothing wrong in having the newest release!

duykur

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
grrrrr. no iphone sdk, that must mean no macbook pro:eek::eek::eek:

no a serious note the mbp will not have multi touch. apple recently said that multitouch is exclusive to the mba as for the 400 tb hdd that is exclusive to the mbtbayiswnsaputmbp's

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
are you sure apple said no multitouch in another notebook?

this would seem strange, as i would have thought it would be more useful for Pros (MacBook Pros) than for consumer laptops, or portables...

icec0ld

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2006
are you sure apple said no multitouch in another notebook?

this would seem strange, as i would have thought it would be more useful for Pros (MacBook Pros) than for consumer laptops, or portables...

i read that somewhere too. no multi on the other mb series

tennisplaayer11

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2007
No, Apple said that there is no multitouch on current MacBooks and MBPs. They said that "current macbook and macbook pro users should not expect multitouch on their laptops" or something like that. That DOESN'T mean that the new MBP won't have multitouch...whenever its released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.