Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
Hi there.

I know that Apple do Macworld and WWDC every year, but are they anymore events? I know this year, Apple did an event under the name of "It's Showtime" do there do that every year, or was that a "one time only" event?

Thanks in Advance.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
WWDC (WorldWide Developers Conference) in the summer is the other big annual Apple event. They do have more than 2 events every year, but they generally only announce them about a week before they occur. The It's Showtime event was one of those.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
As far as I'm aware you will only see Steve's Keynote at WWDC, Macworld or one of those special events like the "Showtime" one.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
He has done keynotes at other events though, like Mac Expo Paris when the iMac G5 was introduced (IIRC).

True but I don't think he does the one at Paris anymore (can't actually remember if they do a show at all). That keynote is now done with Phil Shiller who I believe was the one who introduced the iMac G5, not Steve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.