Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btrav13

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Oklahoma
I didn't read all of this thread to see if it was discussed but...

Did anyone else notice no power button on top and it appears to be moved to the right side of the phone along with the SIM slot? Please don't do that, Apple. Please.

kaitlynami

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
Hmm, that's actually pretty decent looking. I'm not a fan of the gold, but I wasn't on the 5S either. Hoping they bring slate back, I wasn't a huge space grey fan. In the end I'd be happy if this was it.

bananas

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2007

Did anyone else notice no power button on top and it appears to be moved to the right side of the phone along with the SIM slot? Please don't do that, Apple. Please.

This has been noticed and pretty much confirmed, as pictures of both the rear shell and internal flex cables have been posted.

Trek2100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Sevierville, TN
I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 just to be one of the first to have it. Not this time. I'll wait until the Apple stores have both the 4.7 and the Big Kahuna so I can compare them in hand to see which one I want. I'm not in a hurry. Besides, I want to see if Apple catches up to and surpasses some of the "other" devices that are available. I'm too into the Apple culture, owning just about one or more of everything Apple makes, to switch but who knows. If Apple doesn't wow me I might be tempted:)

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
Having the top and bottom of the back all white like this looks better than just white lines seen in previous leaks/renders.

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
iphone-6-rendering-640x397.jpg

The iPhone 6 will not be getting any glass inserts as it is clearly evident in CAD drawings and pictures. But what is interesting is how the top and bottom rounded ends caps are separate parts. In some CAD drawing, they are even rendered a different color. The bodies could well have been made out of the same uni-body aluminum Apple is famous for, but instead are separately attached parts.There would have to be a good reason for that. I am going to go out on a limb and predict that the top and bottom ends will be made out of Liquidmetal.

iphone6-CAD-photo-1.jpg

Those two end pieces are the the parts that would receive the most wear and tear, and unlike aluminum, Liquidmetal is stronger and retains a scratch-free surface longer. If Apple were to begin using Liquidmetal, incrementally on smaller parts would make the most sense.

Last edited:

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London

It has been noticed before. The reason, it seems, is so that you can unlock/lock the phone using the same hand you're holding it with.

mr99

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2014
It has been noticed before. The reason, it seems, is so that you can unlock/lock the phone using the same hand you're holding it with.

With a larger device, it is "difficult" to hit the button on top therefore it was moved to the right "as rumored". I believe this will definetely happen. FWIW, i'm OK with it.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
not looking forward to a larger screen...wtf am I going to do with that? look at more app icons? snoooooooze. so innovative having a bigger screen......WOW Apple. thanks.

Why are people making such a big deal of this? A 0.7" increase in screen size. You can bet anything that won't be the ONLY new feature of the iPhone 6.

I'm all for a higher res screen that makes web browsing, video watching, etc a little more comfortable on a phone.

rudiVoller

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
Apple need to come up with some innovative product. All they are doing is adding some features and changing the number after iphone 3,4, 5 so on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.