Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2002
well i have a G3 Wallstreet and want to get a new one the next month.. but i just can´t figure out if there will be a update of the powerbook in the apple expo in paris.. the shops are running out of the G4 powerbook at the moment...

so will there be a new one and what will be the changes... (dual, superdrive,...)

would like to know that

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Have a read through the hardware rumors and general mac discussion forums, there are already many threads on this topic that may help answer your question.

elias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2002
thnx

well i found the forums helpful

i think everything speaks for more speed in the PB
hopefully it will come in paris...

greetz

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Re: apple expo paris

Originally posted by elias
well i have a G3 Wallstreet and want to get a new one the next month.. but i just can´t figure out if there will be a update of the powerbook in the apple expo in paris.. the shops are running out of the G4 powerbook at the moment...

so will there be a new one and what will be the changes... (dual, superdrive,...)

would like to know that

once again i hate to burst your bubble but you definately won't see dual G4 powerbooks for heat reasons and definately wont see a superdrive until they change the size of the powerbook or release a slim dvd burner, both of which would take at least a few months to develop. Paris Powerbooks would steal the glory from the new top of the line powermac. apple wouldnt do that, look for new powerbooks after new powermacs actually come out.

listen folks the theory of apple releasing new computer hardware at every macworld has to end especially at the Tokyo and Paris shows. look for jaguar demos with ical and isync, and maybe another digital hub software update. maybe maybe a new LCD monitor or price drops on their LCD prices.

tyler

xelterran

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2001
would it be possable to put the power4 in the powerbook - with multipul cores could it be classed as a DP? - or is that that just too hot and power consuming to go in powerbooks at the moment?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.