Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubhe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
I have to use IE on my work computer, I can not change it. This is my only means for checking my email at work. With the new web based MobileMe site introduced last month it can take a minute to load my inbox, and sorting my mail into folders etc takes even longer, if it doesn't crash IE instead.

Apple has done litte about this other than from this weekend I get the following page displayed whenever I try to log in:

Why can't they just make an IE friendly mobileme-lite?

Attachments

• mobileme.JPG
    mobileme.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 67

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Why can't they just make an IE friendly mobileme-lite?

They could if they wanted to, but why should they? IE7 is 4 years old. The latest versions of Safari, Chrome, and Firefox are both less than a year old.

If you really need to check your e-mail at work with IE7, ditch MobileMe altogether or have it forwarded to a GMail address. I'm also forced to use IE7 at work.

dubhe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
The thing is I go to work for weeks or even months at a time, and like to keep my mail organised in folders. My MBP only syncs a handful of times so if I left it until then I would have a lot of organising and deleting to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.