Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john991

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I have two users on Apple Fitness on the Apple TV. One user shows their Apple ID photo on the Apple TV when fitness plus is loaded, the other user doesn’t show their Memoji on the Apple TV when in Fitness. It does show the icon but no Memoji icon.

I created an account on the Apple TV for that user and their Memoji show there, but not in fitness plus.

any idea’s?

Reactions: furmese

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
I have the same issue and have not been able to resolve. I tried removing the user that was not displaying the Memoji from the Apple TV via the iOS Home app and recreating but this did not resolve the issue.

john991

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
I have the same issue and have not been able to resolve. I tried removing the user that was not displaying the Memoji from the Apple TV via the iOS Home app and recreating but this did not resolve the issue.
I’m thinking it has to do with the Memoji? I’m going to change my Memoji to a photo and see if that works. Did you try that yet?

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
My Memoji is just a screenshot so should work as a photo. However, interested in your results.

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
How did you get on? Any resolution?
I have logged a case with Apple Support.

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
While I await a response from Apple, I reset the Apple TV back to factory settings. I then setup the user whose icon was not displaying in Fitness+ as the first Apple TV user and its user icon now displays in the Fitness+ app but the icon for the user that was working is now blank.

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
Issue is being escalated to Apple Engineering
Would someone who has this working so that the Fitness+ menu shows the icons for multiple users share a screenshot. None of the Apple Support consultants I spoke to today use Fitness+ ?

john991

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Issue is being escalated to Apple Engineering
Would someone who has this working so that the Fitness+ menu shows the icons for multiple users share a screenshot. None of the Apple Support consultants I spoke to today use Fitness+ ?
I have installed tvOS beta, iPhone beta and watchOS beta on all devices. Same issue.

no word from Apple yet?

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
No response from Apple to date. When I logged a support call they claimed that there was no other similar calls logged so you might to log a call too.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
I have a similar issue, except for the user that does have a picture - it’s a distorted (squashed) Memoji, shows up fine elsewhere such as iCloud, on my Mac, iPad etc.

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
Heard back from Apple Engineering and the missing user icon issue is now accepted as an issue that will be resolved in a future update.

Reactions: john991

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
Can someone who is on the tvOS 14.5 beta programme see if the beta update released today resolve the issue.

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
Same issue. Tried with watchOS 7.4, iOS 14.5 and tvOS beta.

Hopefully next beta will fix this.
Thanks. I have also discovered a similar issue in macOS (I am running 11.2). Choose App Store - User (bottom left) - Purchase by [name]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 7.05.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 7.05.13 AM.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 104

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
Has anyone tried the latest beta (beta 2) to see if the issue is resolved?

JA-CA

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
Bumping this thread. My wife and I have struggled with the same issue since the beginning of the service. Has anyone been able to fix it? The same issue is present for us in tvOS 15.

furmese

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
Bumping this thread. My wife and I have struggled with the same issue since the beginning of the service. Has anyone been able to fix it? The same issue is present for us in tvOS 15.
Gave up. Reported the issue to Apple. Got a support reference but nothing ever changes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.