Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I just started with Fitness + and have two Apple Watches. (No this is not about two people logging in at the same time.) But when I use one of them to log in it acts as if each Watch belongs to a separate person - meaning keeping track of what exercises were completed. I realize you can’t log in with two Watches at the same time, but I would like to be able to log in with whatever Watch I have on and continue from where I left off as far as what exercises I had previously completed. Thanks.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Not going to happen, simply as it will always treat each watch as a different user, why wouldn't it? I can't see any reason that this would be a problem that needs to be solved by Apple as it's an edge use case.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Not going to happen, simply as it will always treat each watch as a different user, why wouldn't it? I can't see any reason that this would be a problem that needs to be solved by Apple as it's an edge use case.
Why the negative response? I am sure there are plenty of people who own two Apple Watches and are running into the same issue as I am. Not everybody only has one Watch or wants to bother switching Watches when they start a Fitness exercise.

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
I"m not sure of your actually problem. I also have two apple watches and I have done workout with both of them at one point of another. They workout ends up being recoding in my Fitness app.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I am not sure if it is a "problem". So far I have only tried the Fitness app on one of our Apple TVs. It will see the watch I am wearing to log in. But if the previous day I wore the other AW, it won't show in the Fitness App on the TV what courses I completed. That's what I thought was strange. But actually just got off with Apple Tech while I was reading your response and he did confirm that as of now it won't do what I was looking for. It will also not sync the completed courses between the two Apple TVs we have. He did suggest filling out the Feedback form.

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
I am not sure if it is a "problem". So far I have only tried the Fitness app on one of our Apple TVs. It will see the watch I am wearing to log in. But if the previous day I wore the other AW, it won't show in the Fitness App on the TV what courses I completed. That's what I thought was strange. But actually just got off with Apple Tech while I was reading your response and he did confirm that as of now it won't do what I was looking for. It will also not sync the completed courses between the two Apple TVs we have. He did suggest filling out the Feedback form.
oh ok. Thanks I have to try it out. I never thought about that, but now that I think about it there was one workday that I know I completed doesn't show completed. I have to put my other watch on to see if it shows it then. Thanks for the info

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
oh ok. Thanks I have to try it out. I never thought about that, but now that I think about it there was one workday that I know I completed doesn't show completed. I have to put my other watch on to see if it shows it then. Thanks for the info
What I have seen is the workouts I do on the Apple TV in my "man cave" LOL do show up as completed on my iPhone. Have not checked the other Apple TV (well my wife is currently doing Zumba on YouTube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.