Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
It's difficult to tell since they don't seem to have any proficiency levels... are any of the yoga classes for someone new to yoga? (I'd also be open to suggestions for other apps/programs that teach beginners from home).

Bigads

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Here
There are beginners workouts in all the categories.
There is a ‘for beginners’ section which has the most basic workouts.
I have never attempted yoga before and have completed the beginner 10 minute workout 3 times now. It’s a nice, simple session.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I've done a bit of yoga in the past, but not much

I've tried 2 of the 10 minute sessions, and they're pretty basic, plus there's normally one person doing a modified easier version, (both videos it has been the person to your left on the screen, not sure if that always holds, but the instructor did point it out)

the 2 I've done were

10 minute with Jessica (yellow top, chill vibes) just some basic stretching, mostly upper body
10 minutes with Molly (blue top, chill vibes) also basic stretching, there were a couple poses that require a little balance, but not much

I've been doing it on the TV, but I might try it on my phone or iPad flat on the floor beside me, it's much easier to look down when in position.

Reactions: rhyme2

rhyme2

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
I’m a middle-aged yoga beginner and most of the yoga workouts are at a good level for me. Some of them have slightly more advanced moves as options for those who are not beginners, but advanced yoga practitioners might be disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.