Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marketh131

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2016
Just curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on how you think Apple will go ahead after the throttling/battery issue is now big news in the media, with lawsuits being filed etc etc.

Perhaps a change in battery service/replacement procedures? A change in iOS to offer some sort of solution?

Or nothing at all?

In my opinion something has to be done, as frankly a one year old iPhone 7 not performing to it’s best after a year seems a bit of a joke...

RecentlyConverted

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
I don't know what they will do, I know what I think they should do -

1) Give options in iOS as to whether to maximise speed or battery life.
2) Introduce their own battery cases that fit the plus size models (all from 6 to 8).
3) Fit the best quality batteries that can be sourced going forward.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
They won't do anything. This lawsuit will take years and Apple's fans swallow anything they execute with more excuses.
^^^Right!

And Apple will continue to do as it pleases and ignore whatever it does not wish to deal with.

Despite Tim Cook's (and therefore Apple's) outward show of goodness and propriety Apple is no better with it's business practices than any other company.

When push comes to shove Apple's priority will be on it's profit - not on the environment, the customer or the customer's security.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Apple will do nothing.

Like every other phony exaggerated iPhone "scandal" designed specifically to generate clickthru's in social media, this will have blown over by New Year's Day and no one will care to think about it again thereafter.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

johny328i

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2016
Bulgaria
Not this time, mister. They scre*ed up big time, and lost the trust in many of their fans.

How would you feel, if you buy an expensive car with big engine (like 400-500hp for example) and know, that after 50 000 miles, it's horsepower is cut in half? You will get used to it? Like with every dumb thing Apple decides ?

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
They’ll do nothing because it isn’t a big deal and won’t succeed in court.

I'm amazed with the amount of people who think Apple will start writing big checks overnight to these consumers complaining about their slow iPhones. They have no idea how long of a litigation process this can take, not to mention if they're even successful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.