Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youngr40

macrumors member
May 23, 2003
UK
According to one source, 7D20 has only been seeded to Premier, not Select ADC members. And according to another source, the 'Macromedia bug' has been fixed in this build.

1macker1

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2003
A Higher Level
Sheesh, with all these updates, my UPTIME meter will never reach 1yr 30 days 24:15.

I wanted to brag to my Windows using brother about never having to reboot.

rog

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Kalapana, HI
I have no problems with 10.3.1 The only thing I'd like to get is a true multitasking, multi-processor savvy finder and I don't think a minor update will provide this. The finder still grinds to a halt sometimes if I am performing a function (i.e. opening a window) on a remote volume via airport. This shouldn't happen.

Rincewind42

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2003
Orlando, FL
Originally posted by rog
I have no problems with 10.3.1 The only thing I'd like to get is a true multitasking, multi-processor savvy finder and I don't think a minor update will provide this. The finder still grinds to a halt sometimes if I am performing a function (i.e. opening a window) on a remote volume via airport. This shouldn't happen.

I agree the Finder could use more multi-threading savvy, but they are moving along in with it currently. Most tasks that you see the Finder do are actually spawned processes with the Finder monitoring them (you can check this in Activity Monitor). Slowly but surely the Finder marches forward...

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
I still say it will be released in time for Christmas.

Wasn't the Macromedia bug only with new ver. of Studio? Because I've never had that bug popup with mine.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Originally posted by youngr40
According to one source, 7D20 has only been seeded to Premier, not Select ADC members. And according to another source, the 'Macromedia bug' has been fixed in this build.
7D20 just showed up for me (Select).

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Originally posted by shadowfax
does that mean he is all wrong or shooting one for 2?
Don't know. I don't use the Macromedia product(s) that are having an issue with 7D18.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by 1macker1
Sheesh, with all these updates, my UPTIME meter will never reach 1yr 30 days 24:15.

I wanted to brag to my Windows using brother about never having to reboot.

Then why did you update to Panther?

Any new OS version will have initial bug fixes and later performance/feature and security updates.

If you want uptime, stick with an older OS version that has been tested for years and has been proven stable.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by rog

Does it happen on a hardwired connection? I haven't seen it. I'm using a 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch between machines and the outside world. Finder is quite responsive at all times.

luke_s

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2003
since 10.3.1 my homenetwork behaves not at all, or at least in the network panel in panther, the other machines(linux win2k) take some time to show up, sometimes they stay in the dark. i can't connect to them via "go->connect to server" it says no response from the file server......
are we becoming microapple? i trashed my mickysoft system to get away from being a permanent beta tester.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.