Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jorayav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2016
Manila, Philippines
Hi, I know its my fault.. I am newbie and no idea regarding Mac OS X.. My problem became worst. My Apple HDD for MacBook Pro 2009 was intentionally deleted on my Win Desktop Disk Management. I removed the HDD from macbook pro and mount it on my win desktop, deleted the partition and became unallocated drive. after that, I format it as exFAT file system.

This happened because the first problem I encountered my Mac run super slow even though my disk size wasn't too large. I erased HDD partition in Disk Utility not knowing I didn't have any backup to do, too late to research on this. Upon my research: Internet recovery, dl transmac & Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.dmg and make bootable usb, and other instructions but it didnt go, I have no backup and nothing happened. I also noticed in Disk utility, there's a disk 1 OS base system that i can't erase, I just wonder that it would be possible if I delete the partition of HDD. that is why i deleted it using win desktop. when I try to boot up again the bootable usb, nothing happened, not working at all with a question mark "?" blinking or the circle with / line inside. Game Over. My bad, I assume its just the same installment process with unix.

It is pleasure if anyone can suggest workaround here. what am I going to do? thank you so much bros and sis!

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Best suggestion is this - borrow someone's Mac to download OS X El Capitan and create a bootable USB install drive. When you first boot to the USB, use Disk Utility to partition and formate to Mac Journalized and rename the drive to Macintosh HD.

Unless you did a backup, your data (and most likely app's) are toast.

Reactions: jorayav

jorayav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2016
Manila, Philippines
Resolved.. This what I did.

FORMATTING MAC WITH UNALLOCATED DISK

Know my Mac Model, Search Mac Model OSX (10.5 leopard) Download the OSX Mac Disc Image File (.dmg) search for the DVD install. Download Transmac and install it on my Win Desktop. Prepared at least 16GiB flash disk USB. Run transmac on my desktop and select the USB drive and format Disc for Mac. In transmac again, Right click the USB and Restore with disc image and completed. Now I Boot it on Mac, hold option+R.
When Menu bar appears I Open Disk Utility. I noticed Mac is not mounted.
"you may want to read this" http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/how-format-storage-drive-for-mac-3541758/
I select disk0s2 and perform:
Erase Tab:
Volume Format: <selection>
Name: Place my drive name here.
Erase Tab:
Security Options: Zero Out data
After formatting, I select my drive and proceed to install and setup Mac OS X. I can now use my MacBook Pro again. Thanks by the way, Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.