Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
I remember back in like 1994, apple used to sell multimedia kits which included a CDRom drive, a pair of apple design speakers, and a set of black apple headphones. I remember seeing a pair once, and it looked as if there was a white apple logo on both sides of the headphones. I cant seem to find them ANYWHERE any more.. None on ebay, and bairly and doccumentation of them on the web. Any of you guys have a pair? Are they that rare? I wish i had a some, i remember they sounded really good for headphones...

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Black Apple headphones, right? I had a pair a few years ago and they were terrible. If you're thinking about getting them - don't. Unless just to hangup somewhere. Sound-quality wise they were awful.

And I don't understand why everyone hates iPod headphones :rolleyes:

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
macEfan said:
I remember back in like 1994, ... I wish i had a some, i remember they sounded really good for headphones...

Maybe they sounded good in 1994, but technology has significantly progressed. I can't imagine them being anywhere as good as headphones of today, even cheap headphone of today.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
yeah, true they dont sound so good now, but in 1994, they were great! I was looking more into the collecter's view, how rare they are, and if they are avalible anywhere...

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
I personally find all Apple audio products really interesting. I would like to acquire a pair aswell.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I remember the first gen ipod headphones sounded soo much better than the later headphones...

Apple definitely used to make quality headphones, not it's about quantity:(

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Headphones

See my post on Apple Photo CD Burner (Power CD) or pics below:

HEAD1.jpg

PSPEAKER1.jpg

HEAD2.jpg

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
MacEffects said:
Yeah, but I wish it did :D

I have a interesting Apple Logo Mic/Head phone beigh, and I have never seen one like it:

DSC00964.JPG

Once upon a time, I had a headset that looked like that, only it wasn't Apple-branded. Based on when I had it, it might have come with the QuickTime Conferencing Kit... (Yours, not mine, mine I got from a cell phone accessory store.)

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
ehurtley said:
Once upon a time, I had a headset that looked like that, only it wasn't Apple-branded. Based on when I had it, it might have come with the QuickTime Conferencing Kit... (Yours, not mine, mine I got from a cell phone accessory store.)
Damn! I wish I would of picked one up, I know http://www.shrevesystems.com had them a while back for $3 each...damn :(

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
My aunt has 3 old Apple microphones, the little beige circle ones.. in their box and everything. Think they're worth anything?

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Mammoth said:
My aunt has 3 old Apple microphones, the little beige circle ones.. in their box and everything. Think they're worth anything?

Not unless they've become more scarce in the last two years. I paid $10 plus shipping for FIVE of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.