Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sematarium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2023
My dear and awesome apple watch users, I recently bought myself an apple watch to use it for health tracking, sleep tracking and workout tracking. I came to apple watch from Fitbit and I did not realize that unlike Fitbit who stores your data on their servers Apple stores it on your iCloud or your devices. Can you please tell me if you are a long health app user how much storage does it take on your iCloud or your Phone?

I track my activities every day and I like saving my data and holding on to it. Should I be worried that my health data is going to end up being big - a couple of gigs?

Please please share your information I really would like to find an answer as my apple watch is still within return window.

Thank you!

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Can you please tell me if you are a long health app user how much storage does it take on your iCloud or your Phone?
Hi, and welcome to Apple Watch world.

I’m an Apple Watch user since the original released 10 years ago (is it 10 years already?) and my health data is 282 MB.
I’m not kidding. It’s MB.

And also I think this is the wrong forum. ☺️
This should be move to “Apple Watch”.

Reactions: rain111

Sematarium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2023
Hi, and welcome to Apple Watch world.

I’m an Apple Watch user since the original released 10 years ago (is it 10 years already?) and my health data is 282 MB.
I’m not kidding. It’s MB.

And also I think this is the wrong forum. ☺️
This should be move to “Apple Watch”.
Thank you for your reply, I was not sure where to post it. Could you please tell me do you monitor your sleep with your watch and do you work out and track workouts with your watch? Thank you!

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Thank you for your reply, I was not sure where to post it. Could you please tell me do you monitor your sleep with your watch and do you work out and track workouts with your watch? Thank you!
Yes I do both.

Sematarium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2023
Yes I do both.
I wonder, some people reported it as gbs, thats very strange. I hope you are right so I could just stay with apple because when google bought fitbit it is no longer the same fitbit as it used to be before.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I wonder, some people reported it as gbs, thats very strange. I hope you are right so I could just stay with apple because when google bought fitbit it is no longer the same fitbit as it used to be before.
A bug perhaps? Thinks about it. All these data are just numbers and numbers are very small bits.

IMG_3526.jpeg

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
I believe you, I wonder if its the GPS tracked routs that take that much data from them since it outlines a map. who knows
I’ve had my Apple Watch for nearly, a few weeks short, years. My Health data is 208 MB. A quick look, I’ve done about 280 workouts with the watch, the vast majority of them outdoor walk or cycling — I don’t like indoor cardio, unless it’s a pool.

Sematarium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2023
I’ve had my Apple Watch for nearly, a few weeks short, years. My Health data is 208 MB. A quick look, I’ve done about 280 workouts with the watch, the vast majority of them outdoor walk or cycling — I don’t like indoor cardio, unless it’s a pool.
Thank you for your reply MacCheetah, could you please tell me how much data did apple health take on iCloud? Sorry for asking for it, I am just in a return window of my apple watch and am trying to gather as much info as possible.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.