Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applepuree

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2014
Finally!! I've been waiting for this news. We have authorized Apple resellers here but an official Apple retail store will be much better. But I would've liked if they opened the store in Marina Mall instead of The Galleria.

I was in both Marina Mall and the Galleria last month. Galleria was dead as a doornail (but admittedly it was during daytime in Ramadan) whereas Marina Mall was full of life.

Marina Mall makes far more sense to me.

----------

Yes but iStyle is just an authorized reseller, not an official Apple store. Completely different.

When I visited iStyle in the Dubai Mall, they I overheard them "advising" a customer and giving totally wrong information how a product worked. In the 30 mins I was there browsing, not 1 person asked if I needed help, and the employee that were chatting to each other didn't seam interested. Having said that, the iStyle in Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi was being renovated and there were 2 or 3 employees standing at a table outside with some hero products and they were very happy to chat with me. Maybe the "I visited the mothership" t-shirt had something to do with it :)

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012
Finally!! This should have been done a long time ago but better late than never I guess :) I hope they open in other Middle East countries like Jordan <3

I know! When I lived in Jordan it was hard to find good support for Apple products. There were two resellers that I knew about, but that was it.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
From a party standpoint, they are not the same.

AD is a little more traditional while Dubai looks the other way on certain things.

Why do you think a lot of guys that work for EY were moving to the Jebal Ali marina area.

Oh yeah, I lived in Al Ain for two years.

What's EY?

Yes, you're right. AD is more traditional than Dubai and they want to maintain that. They don't want to turn AD into something like Dubai. Many people as well as citizens say Dubai turned into something like Las Vegas, some like that, a lot are against that description. Abu Dhabi doesn't want that. They're keeping their culture and tradition intact and want to preserve that and many tourists are attracted to that.

I was in both Marina Mall and the Galleria last month. Galleria was dead as a doornail (but admittedly it was during daytime in Ramadan) whereas Marina Mall was full of life.

Marina Mall makes far more sense to me.

----------

[/COLOR]

When I visited iStyle in the Dubai Mall, they I overheard them "advising" a customer and giving totally wrong information how a product worked. In the 30 mins I was there browsing, not 1 person asked if I needed help, and the employee that were chatting to each other didn't seam interested. Having said that, the iStyle in Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi was being renovated and there were 2 or 3 employees standing at a table outside with some hero products and they were very happy to chat with me. Maybe the "I visited the mothership" t-shirt had something to do with it :)

Yes. They're currently renovating the one in Marina Mall. I'm not sure whether they're done though. There's also an iStyle in Abu Dhabi Mall. But I prefer going to the one in Marina Mall.

That's why I said it'd be better if they opened the store in the Marina Mall. I went to The Galleria once, it's very luxurious and I loved the view of the sea but not a lot of people go there. Maybe because it's all brand clothing stores and cafés while in Marina Mall you have tech store, cinema, low and high-end clothing stores, etc. I personally didn't like the atmosphere and tone of The Galleria. Plus, it's too far. Marina Mall is in the heart of the city.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.