Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newmacer2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Denver Colorado
I needed to change my email on my Apple I.D. I’ve been sorry ever since I attempted it, but I no longer use the email I signed up with. I think I know the error of my ways. I changed my email using my iPad. It worked fine on my iPad and my iPhone, but my iMac keeps sending me nasty messages. “This Mac can’t connect to iCloud because of a problem with (my old email address).” I probably should have made the change on my iMac, with both of my other devices shut down. Can anyone tell me how I can start all over? Or, tell me a solution to the problem? I did submit an account recovery request and got a "form" email back saying I would be contacted with help, but that was the end of it. Thanks so much.

Newmacer2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Denver Colorado
I think my problem is resolved. I spent an hour on be phone with Apple yesterday and 30 minutes today. I still don’t know what caused it and can’t repeat ever step we went through because there were too many. The Apple techs were fantastic.

Reactions: Apple_Robert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.