Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3badjacksfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
LaLaLand
Ok, I recently joined (but switched my computing to Mac over 2 yrs ago), so maybe this has come up before, but I was wondering...

Does anyone else out there see a connection?
Eve tempts Adam with an apple.
I go to the Grove, and the Apple store tempts me with an Apple?

I can't ignore it. I can't escape it. I don't even want to avoid it.
I... must... go... in..., must... spend... money..., must... bite... the... Apple...

It all starts so innocently too. Just one cute little iPod 4 years ago, what's the harm in that? So it had to connect to my PC, which had its own negative ideas about interacting with a non-Bill Gates product; the cute little iPod still managed to do it, and win my heart, to boot.

Then, when the frustration of computing / technical difficulties becomes too great, who's your little buddy? The iPod. Who's gotta go? The PC.

Enter the cute little iBook. It's gotta be the cute little iBook, to match the cute little iPod. PC, say hello to your new friend eBay. (Sold, good riddance.)

But then, you want a nest for your little friends, so when your room mate moves out, you're happy to help with the packing. All the while, you've got paint swatches in your head, and you're asking yourself if it's easier to take the cute little iPod to the hardware store to have them color-match that way.

Now that spare room is awfully empty. It needs filling up, not for you, but for your little buddies! How about a nice tanker desk? Powder-coated iPod white!? Yes! And a chair!! Oooh, but do the chair in perferated leatherette, with brushed metal arms and legs... Yes! Yes!! Lil' Stinker & Tighty-Whitey will be so happy!!

Oh, if only it would stop there, but no! There are coats, hats, and mittens (in winter) that are iPod white! And sunglasses! They have sunglasses in iPod white too! Hairdressers for platinum blond iPod-ness are abundant!

It's all so tempting! Then Apple comes up with the iPhoto! There's no chance of escaping, but you're fine with that, and the 60MB it comes with.

I recently received an Apple gift card... like I needed another excuse to go to the Grove's Apple store... and so, like a kid in a candy store (or an freak for a fix), I spent my gift card.

And I got a second Express! Not that I needed it. But it's not my fault! The mere idea of streaming music to the living room stereo while the first Express is streaming my dsl and printing stuff in the (now) iPod office was just too tempting! I couldn't help myself!

I'm going to have to put my foot down and draw the line at iPod white shoes. I do have my limits, you know. (God, I hope Marc Jacobs isn't getting any Apple-ideas.)

So, just what kind of Apple did Eve tempt Adam with, anyway?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Hmmm...... sounds familiar....

Got a 3G 15GB iPod, thought "wow, this works really well, oh, there's stuff to download and update, off the the apple.com site.....gee, these computers look nice and not too badly priced with my student discount either....hmm....no money now but waiting, waiting..."

October comes around - iBooks updated "ooh, wireless standard, now that's a really good deal but, off on a holiday"

Canadian winter sets in, dark, cold, bored on a bus to Vancouver "ooh, have $$ now, time for an iBook, picked up a 12" stock" and this is where the fun begins...

Backpack to carry it,
Digicam to put photos on it
iPod shuffle
iLife 05
Tiger
RAM
Keyboard
Mighty Mouse
Next in the distant future will be a replacement for my aging iPod - the source of all this financial strain, Dear God!! Will it happen all over again?!?! Oh I hope so......

3badjacksfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
LaLaLand
It's an expensive, fun, roller coaster ride, and I love it!
"I am a consumer whore!" "And how!" (Don Hertzveldt, annimation)

3badjacksfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
LaLaLand
Hey Chundles,
"iBook G4 1.2GHz 12" 512RAM with Apple keyboard and Microsoft mouse sitting on a laptop stand made of the styrofoam insert of an RC car and a bit of a cardboard box - it's my first mac."

Got a photo of the stryofoam set-up? I'm curious (-ly drawn to anything white!)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
There you go

Attachments

• 100_3283.jpg
    100_3283.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 143

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
Chundles said:
Hmmm...... sounds familiar....

Got a 3G 15GB iPod, thought "wow, this works really well, oh, there's stuff to download and update, off the the apple.com site.....gee, these computers look nice and not too badly priced with my student discount either....hmm....no money now but waiting, waiting..."

October comes around - iBooks updated "ooh, wireless standard, now that's a really good deal but, off on a holiday"

Canadian winter sets in, dark, cold, bored on a bus to Vancouver "ooh, have $$ now, time for an iBook, picked up a 12" stock" and this is where the fun begins...

Backpack to carry it,
Digicam to put photos on it
iPod shuffle
iLife 05
Tiger
RAM
Keyboard
Mighty Mouse
Next in the distant future will be a replacement for my aging iPod - the source of all this financial strain, Dear God!! Will it happen all over again?!?! Oh I hope so......
:p I'm the same. I have 3 mice, for 2 computers (1 OEM black one, 1 wired The Mouse, 1 BlueTooth The Mouse), and am going to get 2 more :p

3badjacksfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
LaLaLand
Very clean set up, Chundles! Your styrofoam useage has just now explained my first instinct to save any really good blocks of the stuff... it's also tempting me, to use it somehow with all my other Apple-goodness (evilness?) And I'd be lost without my little Canon Elph to go along with it all.

I haven't gotten into the multi-mouse-ness yet. I just really like the iBook's pad. It's simplistic.

Ummm, you know how iPod was marketed under HP for awhile; well what if Canon Elphs came in an optional iPod White? (Mmmmm, donuts! --- Gotta go now, drooling too much!) :p

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I was thinking that Microsoft was the evil apple (forbidden fruit) all this time.

I hear the "Microsoft" apple isn't as sweat as the "Macintosh". I also hear that the Microsoft apple often contains a bitter and poisonous worm!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.