Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

totorosammy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So about a month ago, out of the blue, I could no longer (Accept Maybe Decline) calendar invites from my Apple ID alias, my @icloud.com alias I created like....2 years ago. Mind you, this is on my iPhone and iPad. Up until then, I have sent and accepted calendar appointments through this means. My Apple ID is a Gmail account for reference, so third-party email.

Come to find out, I can still accept the invitations on Mac OS (my 2014 Macbook Pro Retina). Color me extremely confused.

Basically, at this point, invitations sent to that @icloud.com alias appear on the top of my phone with the only option to select "ok" or "delete" and they are automatically deposited on my calendar but do not sent a confirmation back to the person who has invited me.

I have had 1.5 weeks worth of discussions with apple employees on the phone and then the issue was handed off to a Tier 2 engineer. They basically told me about 2 months ago, they have apparently "changed something on the backend" and you can no longer accept calendar invites at an alias.

WTF.....??? Why wasn't I or anybody else informed of this crap? I mean, I've been doing this for 2 years and now all of a sudden I have to tell everybody that they have to send calendar appointments to my Gmail address ONLY because supposedly they "changed something."

My issue has once again been ticketed and sent to yet another engineer, but I'm calling bull personally or wondering why did they randomly do this and why did they not inform anybody...??

Anybody else dealt with this issue?

I am completely flustered and quite angry at this random thing. Mind you, this is the second surprise I'm dealing with after they turned of secondary users of HomeKit accounts in the same household and we reset the entire freaking thing!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.