Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
I just wish Apple and the media rights owners could come to an agreement on transferring the licenses for all the videos and music I have (had to) purchase on my original non-Apple email "Apple Account" so I can merge it with the Apple email "Apple Account" I created when I signed up for Mobile Me and not have to continue to maintain two "Apple Accounts" - one for media and one for everything else.
I can't agree more! I've tried to merge the two but no way, I would lose books and music
It just doesn't work ...🙄

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jimthing

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Please let us merge our TWO Apple accounts into a single account, without using family sharing.
This is what I ended up doing, but works only one way
My first ID/Account doesn't want to share with my second me. LOL
The second one is very generous, the first one so greedy ... can't change it alas.
Any idea of how I could?

I found a way: using an old device I logged out from my iCloud ID, then logged in with the iTunes ID only
From there I was able to share with everyone in the family 🙂
It seems easy but you have no idea how many passwords and loops I had to go through
and merge,
don't merge, and keep and don't
but because it's an old device I can't care less about the mess that is in there now.

Last edited:
Reactions: macvicta

randian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2014
Perhaps they will finally allow you to freely change email addresses. That's super-sophisticated and incredibly difficult to program after all, so they should have solved it by now.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
After the change, can we please have the option to remove apps from our download history in the App Store?
You can swipe left to hide them. Or if you mean on the Mac, click the three dots to hide them.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
I didn’t know you could ever have had a personal non-email Apple ID, but 20 years ago when I worked for Apple Retail we had to create non-email Apple IDs to access the internal systems like time clock and POS. Those were linked to employment though.
We’re those even normal Apple IDs though? I worked at Apple retail back in my youth and remember a lot of coworkers started their internal user ID with a period, so I did the same for mine. If anyone can remind me why, it would be a nice trip down memory lane!

rmc2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2005
Anyone else rocking an Apple ID that is just a username and not an email address? I somehow skipped all the attempts to convert it to an email address despite the UI (during macOS upgrades) making it nearly impossible.
I am. Agreed; for a while it was clear Apple wanted users off this style of user name. It still works fine on devices. Trying to use any web-based Apple portals redirects to a page requiring changing to an email address.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Interesting. Wonder whether Apple will increase the free iCloud storage capacity with a rebranding.

Reactions: macvicta

RedWeasel

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
It would be good to be able to manage many Apple IDs via Apple account, thinking work or uni accounts

Which one?

I have three Microsoft accounts (personal, work, and uni) it would be nice to have one identity with multiple accounts
At least with Microsoft Accounts, the point of having "Work or School" accounts is exactly so that they are not managed by the actual user, but some administrator of the workplace or school. So I don't really see that happening.

Reactions: Sprocket_Proton

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
Anyone still with Apple ID with no e-mail attached for the Store? I do, and I'm still waiting for a way to merge to my icloud account. I guess that they just want people to die and get the problem solved. It's really incredible that they are not able to do this.

Joosst

macrumors member
May 10, 2012
Touch ID
Face ID
Optic ID

Apple ID? That is confusing…

Apple Account makes more sense, as it’s not a way of identifying yourself using an apple.

Maybe they’re working on even more biometric identification methods and they want to only use the word ‘ID’ for those.

Makes sense to me.

macvicta

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2021
Touch ID
Face ID
Optic ID

Apple ID? That is confusing…

Apple Account makes more sense, as it’s not a way of identifying yourself using an apple.

Maybe they’re working on even more biometric identification methods and they want to only use the word ‘ID’ for those.

Makes sense to me.
Then why did they name it Apple ID in the first place? They couldn’t foresee the confusion that now needs to be un-effed up?

• Disagree
Reactions: Achillias

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
Sounds as if, after the high-profile car failure, Apple is attempting to signal that it’s actually doing something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.