Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
HI, good afternoon.
Last week i found in a trash, was gonna trow my garbage, a couple of wireless headphones. One of them is fake i see a simple seek. The other one i found is airpod pro. THey are attached to a ID so i can't use (At all),
ANy advice to remove other ID: (Apple will do something, cause they are not stolen?)

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
So I won’t be able to use some benefits like switching devices or fund my?

“When you reset your device or item, it won't provide its location information to the previous owner. However, you still won't be able to pair the device or item with a different Apple ID.”

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
So I won’t be able to use some benefits like switching devices or fund my?

you also won't be able to use benefits like pairing them to your phone, or listening to music.

If you reset them, all it does is stop sending find my updates back to apple.

If they are locked to an appleID, they're unable to be used on another device. This is to prevent theft, if you could just reset them and use them, there would be little to no protection from theft.

You say they aren't stolen, but you found them in the trash. How do you know they aren't stolen. They might have been in the trash because someone else stole them, and then realized they were useless, and threw them away.

Reactions: Kottu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.